Skison 20/21?

mbike-ski

28 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

@Ski2Live Live2Ski how much for a live show with the whole band in blue's lot? 

Hard to imagine getting permission for that in the Covid Era

- but if you could -

It would be a ~9 hr day with travel and there would be fuel/tolls so I'd figure $1000-1200 for 4 or 5 people.

- we would need AC line (or generator) or it would be a low volume battery powered show.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

- but if you could -

It would be a ~9 hr day with travel and there would be fuel/tolls so I'd figure $1000-1200 for 4 or 5 people.

- we would need AC line (or generator) or it would be a low volume battery powered show.

We can make this work. I'll text Barb. I still have her on the line about you requesting to have the place open for you two weeks ago. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

- but if you could -

Can I pay you in Blue Bucks?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Saw some pictures from Winter Park today.  They are basically one of the only places currently not requiring reservations. Lift lines looked insane. Between that, the Eldora and Copper parking reservations I am think I made the right call deferring my Ikon Pass until next season. 

58 minutes ago, Barb said:

Saw some pictures from Winter Park today.  They are basically one of the only places currently not requiring reservations. Lift lines looked insane. Between that, the Eldora and Copper parking reservations I am think I made the right call deferring my Ikon Pass until next season. 

Well then only epic pass #FirstWorldProblems.  I don’t know if you’ve spent any time at Beaver creek but it’s a really nice ski resort. Now nearly as popular as vail.  Still about as large as copper mountain and far drive for you for a day trip 30 miles past cooper but nice very nice and posh. Plus if you visit us in PA JF/BB included. 

21 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well then only epic pass #FirstWorldProblems.  I don’t know if you’ve spent any time at Beaver creek but it’s a really nice ski resort. Now nearly as popular as vail.  Still about as large as copper mountain and far drive for you for a day trip 30 miles past cooper but nice very nice and posh. Plus if you visit us in PA JF/BB included. 

This might be the first time that someone recommended Beaver Creek and JF/BB in the same breath ... 

My Ski plan for next 4 weeks

Quarantine

13th drive to Stowe

14th Stowe

15th Okemo

16th Snow and drive home

Quarantine

23rd drive to Stowe

24th Stowe

25th Stowe

26th Snow

27th Okemo

28th Snow and drive home

1st Hunter

2nd Hunter

For 11 days of VT / NY skiing by end of winter holidays.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Quarantine

13th drive to Stowe

14th Stowe

15th Okemo

16th Snow and drive home

Quarantine

23rd drive to Stowe

24th Stowe

25th Stowe

26th Snow

27th Okemo

28th Snow and drive home

1st Hunter

2nd Hunter

I came 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Quarantine

13th drive to Stowe

14th Stowe

15th Okemo

16th Snow and drive home

Quarantine

23rd drive to Stowe

24th Stowe

25th Stowe

26th Snow

27th Okemo

28th Snow and drive home

1st Hunter

2nd Hunter

Where are you staying at Stowe?? 

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where are you staying at Stowe?? 

2nd trip at Sun & Ski Inn at Stowe and then skiing Snow and Okemo out of Colonial Motel in Brattleboro. I prioritized finding places that allow free cancellation as late as possible given uncertainty this year. And some hotels are requiring proof of negative test even though law does not - cancelled one of those after being notified of that.

Haven't booked for 1st trip yet as I think lodging will be easy to find midweek next week - and just made those reservations on Epic last night. Other than the priority reservation days (we could book 7 in Nov - which I used for Holiday periods) reservations can only be made a week in advance. And I wanted to make sure they were likely to have enough open to warrant the trip. 

39 minutes ago, Schif said:

Brattleboro was awesome when I was there last winter. Very cool town with that quintessential VT vibe. Grab a brew at Hermit Thrush

Brattleboro is also a steal for lodging in VT - if you are willing to drive 60 min to Snow or 90 min to Okemo. Crappiest hotel in Ludlow costs twice what a reasonably nice one in Brattleboro does. $80/nt with 2 queen beds Xmas week at a motel I stayed in and was happy with last year. I value personal positive experience somewhere over *s or reviews. The 2x more expensive one in Ludlow we stayed at last year was bad enough I will not go back. Also named Colonial. Dirty room that smelled like smoke and mildew and rude staff. Those cleanliness standards won't cut it in Covid era.