12/15/20 - Calm Before the Storm?

toast21602

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the upper lot at like 820am and some people were already booted up.  Temperatures were in the upper 20s with a brisk wind.  In the house were Toast, Justo, Rose, Rodney and the RealKevinThomas. 

About 20 people for the rope drop..vista had nice snow, midway and lower Main Street were cookies and not the good kind..the stiff kind from wet manmade and poor grooming..Come around was decent and Burma was pretty decent with some dirt and pebbles. 

One group of guys had no masks and i confronted one of them in the lift line. I said you have to wear a mask in the liftline and he said I’ll have to get creative and zipped his jacket all the way. You really only have to wear a mask for 20 seconds getting into the line and boarding the lift and a few seconds disembarking lift not a big deal.  Jim said to remind people about masks and I did since liftee wasn’t.  

All in all a fun 7 run..hour and 20 minute session. Now in the drive thru line at chic Fil A and heading into work which is hectic AF right now. JADIP

Also no guns on Yuts lane but looks like they blew a little on it earlier  

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Forgot about the yellow lights 🙄

image.jpg

What’s wrong with the lights?? I think other places use white lights???  I’ve night skied before in bright light lense goggles. Talk about taking a walk on the wild side.  Have fun. I bet the snow is better now than earlier. 

On 12/15/2020 at 5:37 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What’s wrong with the lights?? I think other places use white lights???  I’ve night skied before in bright light lense goggles. Talk about taking a walk on the wild side.  Have fun. I bet the snow is better now than earlier. 

I like white lights better than yellow. If Camelback and Blue were equal in every other way I would pick Camelback since they have white lights.

it wouldn't hurt if they were a bit brighter, but i think the yellow lights actually provide better contrast for the snow surface than the bright white ones like bear creek has. i try and avoid camelback in the day, so skiing there at night is essentially a non-starter for me so i could care less what color their lights are.