3/14/21...Quad down..sunny.

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I'd like to go night skiing this week but not standing in long lines at the quad. It's mid March, I wanna jump right on the lift and do run after run. Looks like Montage it is for me!

Maybe they will offer snow mobile rides to the top now that they are owned by skidoo.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'd like to go night skiing this week but not standing in long lines at the quad. It's mid March, I wanna jump right on the lift and do run after run. Looks like Montage it is for me!

I don’t think night skiing lines will be bad this week.  I didn’t realize how bad lines got yesterday after I stopped skiing although I was in a bit of a haze.  I maybe lost one run yesterday from 8-940

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Maybe they will offer snow mobile rides to the top now that they are owned by skidoo.

While a liftie at Eagle Rock I once got a ride to the lodge on a snowmobile since the lift broke again. It was fun and they didn't even take the gas money out of my paycheck!

Edited by saltyant

2 hours ago, Benm said:

they just started assessing when we got on the six. climbed up the first pole so i'm not sure if it has anything to do with what's inside the big structure.

maybe they can rip a wheel off the burma lift. not like it runs that much anyway.

I don’t think it’s anything in the house. They had a ladder leaning against the first set of wheels outside the house in the return side, one guy on the catwalk leaning over working on it and a second guy going up and down the ladder helping. Probably a wheel bearing in that set. 

At least it’s on the return side so the new bearing grease won’t ruin @toast21602’s jacket.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I don’t think it’s anything in the house. They had a ladder leaning against the first set of wheels outside the house in the return side, one guy on the catwalk leaning over working on it and a second guy going up and down the ladder helping. Probably a wheel bearing in that set. 

At least it’s on the return side so the new bearing grease won’t ruin @toast21602’s jacket.

Thank goodness. 

1 hour ago, Benm said:

cams show only quad open but 6 is spinning. i guess that's good news

Don't get your hopes up, it was spinning most of the afternoon yesterday.
At one point, there was even a rumor that said it was going to be loading at noon which never materialized.

Why they can't keep a few bearings on hand is beyond comprehension. 
They're typical wear items and probably not that expensive.

Edited by indiggio

34 minutes ago, Benm said:

not sure if it'll materialize but im finna be there later, like 630

36 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

What time are you fixin to be there?

I’m hoping to be there about 6 with my 7 year old, take a lap past us on Paradise and say hey. 😂

*if he finishes all his school work during the day

• Like 2

1 hour ago, enjoralas said:

I’m hoping to be there about 6 with my 7 year old, take a lap past us on Paradise and say hey. 😂

*if he finishes all his school work during the day

When I was 7 I didn’t even ski so your kid is LTD...plus I bet he doesn’t have to share a juicebag or cocoa with his brother.   Kids sound more rewarding than a couple of stiff socks.

Not feeling the love today. Long lines, wind howling at top, patchy new blown snow mixed in with old snow. Old guy on the first quad chair up with me - had to let him take first run down Oaradise. Skis too sharp, don’t think I got all the warm wax off last night, can’t do a thing with my hair, coffee was too weak. 4 runs, called it a day 9:45. Paradise was OK. Try again tomorrow.

• Sad 1

I have worked with a lot of people, who only thought parts for whatever they were working on were available only at the dealer or manufacturer. 

And at triple the price. First thing a good storeroom does when a new machine is purchased is to alternate source the spare parts.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When I was 7 I didn’t even ski so your kid is LTD...plus I bet he doesn’t have to share a juicebag or cocoa with his brother.   Kids sound more rewarding than a couple of stiff socks.

Plus his 5 year old has been to Disney 6 times (or something to that effect). 

56 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Not feeling the love today. Long lines, wind howling at top, patchy new blown snow mixed in with old snow. Old guy on the first quad chair up with me - had to let him take first run down Oaradise. Skis too sharp, don’t think I got all the warm wax off last night, can’t do a thing with my hair, coffee was too weak. 4 runs, called it a day 9:45. Paradise was OK. Try again tomorrow.

That’s the benefit of having a season pass.  If the six pack is still down tomorrow I’m not gonna be as anxious to ski but will still be glad I went.