Weekend roll call thread 12/11-12/12

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

TFTI but tomorrow is SUJOPO, and then maybe I'll go to Jackson Frost Sunday morning, or bike ride, or maybe SUJOPO again. If I remember I'll be sure to check out the webcams.

Wow if you have time maybe you can stop off at Bed Bath and Beyond.  I’ll wave at you on the webcam...and maybe tickle me toast will blow you a kiss.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2021 at 11:34 AM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

It’s almost another weekend, is anybody skiing at Blue mountain this weekend?  Sunday is for sure for me.  I think there’s a chance they don’t even open on Saturday..so Saturday is up in the air.  It’s definitely gonna be nice and mild. 

Saturday is a maybe. Sunday is fo sho.

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Body wars?  Johnny law can eat half a soft pretzel and a few mini donuts and he’s good for 8 hours. 

Body wars was dope but that ended a long time ago. I can eat whatever all day but I can do camel too. Disney we just eat and ride stuff all day so I normally come back a little juicy but who doesn't like them a little more thick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Body wars was dope but that ended a long time ago. I can eat whatever all day but I can do camel too. Disney we just eat and ride stuff all day so I normally come back a little juicy but who doesn't like them a little more thick

Make sure to ride everything old before they get rid of it. They’re really fucking up EPCOT. The show above Figment was really fun last time I was there, it was like 3 movie shorts and it was much more entertaining that I was expecting. We were looking for anything to avoid soul crushing lines that day, I probably never would’ve hit it up otherwise

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

maybe not pushing out until after the rain ro preserve snow? I can't imagine they didn't blow enough to open after three nights of snow making. 

i can understand that.

the thing is, they pushed out snow elsewhere and things have been 'ok'ish. burma was on the map to be opened opening day but scratched last minute, which is fine, shit happens. but that there has to be quite a bit of snow on it by now, with the initial dump plus other nights of snowmaking. 

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

i can understand that.

the thing is, they pushed out snow elsewhere and things have been 'ok'ish. burma was on the map to be opened opening day but scratched last minute, which is fine, shit happens. but that there has to be quite a bit of snow on it by now, with the initial dump plus other nights of snowmaking. 

Still only the 2nd weekend..

tenor-258089875.gif.1d74bf7e020edfcbcfb94d7d07c593b7.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m not skiing today.  I don’t like skiing in fog and looks like rain is gonna but right for opening.  There should be a rain free window late morning and early PM.  

I wasnt expecting Burma to open this weekend.  As was said, you don’t groom out whales when it’s going to be warm for a prolonged stretch.  After the next 24 hours, Blue is going to go from expansion mode to survival mode. We have to hope for a solid 3-4 days of snowmaking before Xmas or we won’t be in the valley until January but on the bright side they are open while most other PA ski areas haven’t opened yet 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Just an FYI, Blue is closing at 4pm today.  For shits and giggles I checked out Camelbacks FB page and they said with colder forecasted weather they will open soon...what forecast are they looking at?  

lololol I thought they were open already? Compared to everywhere else Blue is crushing it this year. Bear Creek should be able to open by March.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Benm said:

projections say burma still not open, what a disappointment. gonna be busy as shit on midway again.

This is why I'm going to Jack Frost for a while until Blue opens more trails. I'm not a fan of early season Midway, though I do enjoy it later in the season. 

• Love 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It started to rain a little prior to rope drop but was pretty much finished by second ride up..Fog was variable but by 9:30ish Midway/top of Lower Main visibility was tough..Snow conditions were fantastic though ....Some brown starting to show...Fun morning riding with Antman......Good to see some others come out too...Happy I made the trip to Blue Mt this morning....

20211211_081721.jpg

20211211_081728.jpg

20211211_081953.jpg

• Like 6