It’s official

rgrwilco

Big boulder park is no more. Thanks for the memories. The best parks are gone. Maybe this is old news but I just saw this new map for the first timec826825b92bf32b2cfaffeb886f90a85.jpg

Also Preston and Steve confirmed vail will no longer be hosting the cardboard derby race thing at Jack Frost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, rgrwilco said:

Big boulder park is no more. Thanks for the memories. The best parks are gone. Maybe this is old news but I just saw this new map for the first timec826825b92bf32b2cfaffeb886f90a85.jpg

Also Preston and Steve confirmed vail will no longer be hosting the cardboard derby race thing at Jack Frost.

Not surprising. A quick google search by anyone at Vail Resorts would’ve given you an answer as to what works(ed) for big Boulder. 

I posted about the Preston and Steve thing the morning they announced it on air, it’s quite funny as they blamed resort management at first then quickly doubled back with the “staffing shortage” issue a possible problem. Is what it is. 

blue seems to have an idea of what’s going on as they’ve been pushing their parks HARD this year on social media. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Freedom and Love also off the map. Vail is clearly making statement.

And “Plaza”, although not a trail it’s no longer listed.

F*** man. I knew it was over but this is just a gut punch. Might give their pro shop a call tomorrow to see if they have any Big Boulder Park apparel. 

• Like 1

And “Plaza”, although not a trail it’s no longer listed.

F*** man. I knew it was over but this is just a gut punch. Might give their pro shop a call tomorrow to see if they have any Big Boulder Park apparel. 

Post here If they do.

• Like 1

Hard to do Cardboard classic with no snow on the tubing hill, too.  I think Vail would probably want to stay very far away from the mass drunken idiots riding cardboard death machines down the tubing hill, being cheered on by the mass of drunken spectators.  i dont think that fits into their business model.  

i guess at some point they have plans to have tubing in future years, with it still being on the map.  I wonder how many people just show up there to find out they dont have tubing.  

• 7 months later...
5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

W2 for sure and everything is chopped down by the tax man.  For some 16 year old kid or minimum worker living in the Pokeys that’s good. 

>16 yo workers

Yeah good luck having reliable staffing. 

Edited by Benm

25 minutes ago, Benm said:

No benefits, weird hours, cold ay eff. 

ngmi

I made $7.25 an hour in 2014 at Eagle Rock in Hazleton as a lift attendant. It's the easiest job ever and you warm up in the hut frequently and can sit and do nothing while rotating with other workers. $20 an hour to do that isn't so bad.

Edited by saltyant

Just now, saltyant said:

I made $7.25 an hour in 2014 at Eagle Rock in Hazleton as a lift attendant. It's the easiest job ever and you warm up in the hut frequently. $20 an hour to do that isn't so bad.

Holy shit salty you were a lifty

• Boner City 1

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

Holy shit salty you were a lifty

I didn't ski in 2013 and was bored during winters so I got a job there to learn how to ski. It was fun the first season I did it as it was a whole new world. Once I got into skiing it really sucked watching people ski all day long so I got a season pass. Now that I'm older I value my time too much do take on a part time job like that again, but it was a good way to get into skiing.

49 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I didn't ski in 2013 and was bored during winters so I got a job there to learn how to ski. It was fun the first season I did it as it was a whole new world. Once I got into skiing it really sucked watching people ski all day long so I got a season pass. Now that I'm older I value my time too much do take on a part time job like that again, but it was a good way to get into skiing.

You worked at eagle rock right?  What about montage? Back then was pay like $8 an hour?  It’s worth it you get to meet lots of ski bunnies and middle aged men.  

A16135E6-62C8-433C-874A-6E8F596BFDC6.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Benm said:

>16 yo workers

Yeah good luck having reliable staffing. 

Truth..Yoccos has been closed a few days recently for that reason. Now they’re paying $15 an hour and a $500 sign on bonus.  I have no idea how they keep their glizzies under $2 each. They make a ton of Big Bank off the Mrs. T’s pierogies.  I’ve made it rain pierogies on fly shawty boos in Allentown and they’re no longer cheap.  A few seasons ago $8 for 4 generic pierogies at the French fry stand outside the summit lodge at Blue.  

55FF73A1-B11D-4A8F-A9A9-7ECF76D68238.jpeg

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You worked at eagle rock right?  What about montage? Back then was pay like $8 an hour?  It’s worth it you get to meet lots of ski bunnies and middle aged men.  

Correct. Nah, Montage is too far to drive for peanuts. I didn't see any rabbits on the ski slopes.