2/19/22...Saturday

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 720am and Johnny Law and Dirtwolf were already in the house.  Also in attendance were Jack Frost Dan, MBike Mike, Nastar Glenn, Rick, Indiggio, Tarponhead, Rodney, BenM, Toast, Enjorales, Matt Edge, Pops, PSUFly, Antman, Falco, Charles, Spider and many more. 

First run on challenge was slick in the middle and slightly grippy on the sides, Main Street has untracked fresh manmade on the top and choppy fresh manmade on the bottom with an area of no new snow in the middle..it was pretty playful with a couple mini root rollers.  I only skied switchback once and the snow was ok but it was busy.  Wow just wow it was crowded and got busier later on. It was more of an urban crowd.

I skied paradise a few times and it was alright and the quad once for coming soon which was manmade dust or crust on ice.  From talking with people in the lot some thought it was pretty good today and some thought it wasn’t so grate...everything is open all the lifts are running..they even have parking lot attendants now..anyway you slice it or dice it, it’s just another day in paradise.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Probably the worst snow of the season which is saying something as switch and main were still very good. I might be biased too as I made a poor choice of skis and had little edge grip on the left ski under the boot  from the lineup. Hopefully after tonight it will improve some when it gets another groom but it was way better than I thought it would be and it's not that bad but we have been crazy spoiled.

I'm going to WV of all places next weekend so it will snow for sure in PA. I do wish they would end the stupid cross on lower side. 

• Like 3

I'm going to WV of all places next weekend so it will snow for sure in PA. I do wish they would end the stupid cross on lower side. 

My son is skiing sno shoe next week with friends from DC

Agree was pretty $hit conditions but no surprise.

Anyone notice the quad skiers got in a whole run before the 6 was even loading? [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

My son is skiing sno shoe next week with friends from DC

Agree was pretty $hit conditions but no surprise.

Anyone notice the quad skiers got in a whole run before the 6 was even loading? emoji57.png

No way I think that's were I'm at too.

I was remiss not to mention best part of the day was the tarpon indiggio crew doing pre opening patrol work on TCS. For a second my mind couldn't comprehend what it was seeing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

No way I think that's were I'm at too.

I was remiss not to mention best part of the day was the tarpon indiggio crew doing pre opening patrol work on TCS. For a second my mind couldn't comprehend what it was seeing.

Funny part was it was a legit trail sweep. Ski patrol was 5 chairs back and no tracks on TCS

• Like 3

On a scale of 1-10 for eating shit, first run on challenge was low, like a 2, maybe a 3.  Small little pods of ice.  i bet that went up pretty high as the morning progressed.  Coming soon was probably an 8, it was nice up top, first couple turns down the headwall were silky smooth, then the carpet was pulled out from under your feet.  Upper main was sweet until you got surprised by its evil twin, lower main, which wasnt really all that bad, once you remembered you were of course, still skiing Blue Mountain.  Switch was good.  Paradise was decent too, nice grip around the turns.  

It could have been worse.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Benm said:

that should be theme of the day  

ps dan, i was going to do trash there  

I thought there was a breakfast bagel place close by you were stalking, or making a few laps around the block before stopping at the DG, to make sure @RidgeRacer wasnt following you. 

Again, just glad i wasnt picking my nose when you saw me.