4/12-4/19 Colorado trip report.

38 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

We’re headed for a recession.  Did you notice interest rates keep going up?  I’ve noticed in the last month or so my customers have been hesitant to spend money or buying more economical options from us.  

And I just sold a $5k stone over the phone. But I had like four days in a row where I only sold basic flat markers.  It’s hard!!!

37 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Just bought two round trip tickets to Edinburgh for $1605. I thought that was pretty reasonable. 

That is very reasonable. I'm guessing that international flights aren't as in demand as domestics this year. 

12 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Wedding gifts are a scam.  Imagine throwing a party at your house and when people show up, you demand $100 from them.  Obviously not ok, but Somehow this is acceptable for weddings 

Way back when I regifted a cheese plate set that my sister received for her wedding that she didn’t want and was in my parents basement.  That turned out to be a shitty wedding. I went to the bar and asked for a jack and coke and they said,”that will be $8” wow that’s wack. 

7 hours ago, NMSKI said:

It was around $1,000 per ticket.  Easter weekend so basically worst possible scenario for prices.  

I flew to Phoenix around the same time but Tuesday before Easter and came back on a Tuesday . I was able to plan a couple months ago . Non stop from Philly, It was around $625.00 PP 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

I flew to Phoenix around the same time but Tuesday before Easter and came back on a Tuesday . I was able to plan a couple months ago . Non stop from Philly, It was around $625.00 PP 

You know back in January me and Atomic Jeff flew direct Newark to Jackson hole for $330 roundtrip.  I definitely want to go to Phoenix just to walk around the Arizona state university campus and see all the smokeshows. 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Wedding gifts are a scam.  Imagine throwing a party at your house and when people show up, you demand $100 from them.  Obviously not ok, but Somehow this is acceptable for weddings 

Don't forget the Bridal shower too. An event to "shower" the bride with expensive gifts before showering the couple with gifts at the actual f'ing wedding. Don't get me started on weddings. It's not about money or giving gifts that makes me crazy. It's the ego trip, the stress inducing circus with the expectations that the people who come should do a certain thing from a gift giving perspective. And if you don't...you're a scumbag. Fuck weddings. I have one coming up. It's on a Friday early evening, 2 hours from here. My wife and I need to take time off from work. Pull kids from school early to get them to the sitter, get a hotel room for etc. And if we told them we couldn't go it would be the crime if the f'ing century. I'm looking at it as a night out with my wife I guess. But I'd rather take her somewhere else.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Schif said:

That is very reasonable. I'm guessing that international flights aren't as in demand as domestics this year. 

My daughter is going to Iceland for a study abroad thing. It was like $650 RT from Newark to Reykjavick. I thought that was steal.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

My daughter is going to Iceland for a study abroad thing. It was like $650 RT from Newark to Reykjavick. I thought that was steal.

Flights to Iceland are super cheap because they just want people there. Then you pay $45 for a burger. Out flights were stupid cheap when we went - something like $125 rt pp. What a place, though. I'd love to go back. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Don't forget the Bridal shower too. An event to "shower" the bride with expensive gifts before showering the couple with gifts at the actual f'ing wedding. Don't get me started on weddings. It's not about money or giving gifts that makes me crazy. It's the ego trip, the stress inducing circus with the expectations that the people who come should do a certain thing from a gift giving perspective. And if you don't...you're a scumbag. Fuck weddings. I have one coming up. It's on a Friday early evening, 2 hours from here. My wife and I need to take time off from work. Pull kids from school early to get them to the sitter, get a hotel room for etc. And if we told them we couldn't go it would be the crime if the f'ing century. I'm looking at it as a night out with my wife I guess. But I'd rather take her somewhere else.

The older I get the more I hate them. I enjoy the celebratory component to it, but when it involved logistics, showers, gifts, etc it just sucks. I think next year I have three weddings. Virginia, Utah, Minnesota. I don't want to go to any. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

You got off easy just needing to drive two hours and stay in a hotel one night.  My one friend has been a bridesmaid ten times.  A few weeks ago she went to Nashville for the bachelorette party and almost all of them got Covid..but not bad just slight fevers and colds cause they’re vaxxed..and this weekend she goes to NC for the wedding.  Also the divorce rate is like 50% and so many married people cheat on their spouses as well.  

52 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

The older I get the more I hate them. I enjoy the celebratory component to it, but when it involved logistics, showers, gifts, etc it just sucks. I think next year I have three weddings. Virginia, Utah, Minnesota. I don't want to go to any. 

Nobody is making you go to them.  You can lie and say you have other commitments then or you can’t afford it and still send a gift.  I didn’t go to my friends wedding in Montana and still sent him $100.  Weddings need to be like Shadows wedding...low key and local.  

i have one to go to next month, actually looking forward to it as i am really close with the grooms family.  Its a churchy then reception wedding, which arent my fav, but whatever.  

IMO, the best weddings i have been to, were outdoors, one was at the in laws property, the reception was inside this huge cool ass converted barn, another was at Ridley Park, catered by mission BBQ, and then had an ice cream truck show up.  it was definitely a budget wedding, but it was one of my favorites.  My brother got married, the second time on the river in Harrisburg somewhere, that was very cool too.  

The big church wedding, with the big reception hall wedding doesnt do much for me, i find them boring and stuffy.  

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Flights to Iceland are super cheap because they just want people there. Then you pay $45 for a burger. Out flights were stupid cheap when we went - something like $125 rt pp. What a place, though. I'd love to go back. 

$125?? I'd book tomorrow at that price. Thankfully her food is included in the program cost and thankfully again she got scholarship $$ for that.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nobody is making you go to them.  You can lie and say you have other commitments then or you can’t afford it and still send a gift.  I didn’t go to my friends wedding in Montana and still sent him $100.  Weddings need to be like Shadows wedding...low key and local.  

In many instances you are "forced" because if you don't go it becomes a thing. So you go not to be hassled. Maybe it's an Italian thing IDK. Maybe it's just me but I  wouldn't want to force anyone into doing anything for me. My wife and I got married at the beach with only our kids there. We told everyone else when we got home because we didn't want to put anyone out. Our intentions were good but I still ended up taking shit for that too. 

As for the whole sending a gift thing....that's my issue. You're forced to do it otherwise deemed trash. I hate that. People have kids and families but yeah send me cash because I gave you the honor of send you and invitation knowing full well that you can't make it

Edited by RidgeRacer

hahah y'alll not Greek!  I love big parties stuffing my face and gettin' tore up with family and friends!

I do have one in two weeks that I'm not looking forward to so much, I think theyre born agains. Probably still make an ass out of myself lol

Edited by mbike-ski
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...