The 2022-23 ski season thread.

We’re here in August 2022 hottest day of the year on tap but I don’t know if all y’all have noticed but it’s getting dark earlier..a lot of us are looking into new gear and ski trips to the northeast and Rocky Mountain regions. Post about it here and if you see any cool ski and ride and lifestyle videos post it here.  And in some place like Copper mountain they are still holding onto last skison 

920DDAEB-4E4C-41A6-B320-95D2E87E8C8E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1

Flying United between SFO-Sydney and then Sydney-LAX on the way home... Confirmed for Business upgrade both ways (Thank God for 1K!!!).  

Flying Virgin Australia inside the county as they partner with United and get reward points/miles, plus they give me priority boarding and lounge access... And stuff with the 1K

Oh... And I'm taking my own gear. I get three free checked bags, so I figured why not.

Edited by pcklein31
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pcklein31 said:

Flying United between SFO-Sydney and then Sydney-LAX on the way home... Confirmed for Business upgrade both ways (Thank God for 1K!!!).  

Flying Virgin Australia inside the county as they partner with United and get reward points/miles, plus they give me priority boarding and lounge access... And stuff with the 1K

Oh... And I'm taking my own gear. I get three free checked bags, so I figured why not.

Nice on the 1K, the owner of this site is also United 1k. 

5 hours ago, pcklein31 said:

My first time as 1K ... so glad they switched to a revenue program, makes 1K easy with the current fares 😁

I wouldn't mind trying a new Pennsylvania ski area like Blue knob or maybe hit up plattekill (never been) since I'll probably not do an ORDA card this season. Always nice to add new areas to the list. Maybe a PASR day at the knob indy peeps? Other than that Blue of course and trip(s) to AZ SB.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, pcklein31 said:

Looks like I need to get there on a weekday.. totally empty!

Ive been twice for opening on Sunday this summer and it is empty for the first 20 minutes while everyone changes in the locker room .

I got there for opening, just to find out you have to wait in line in the mall til opening to get into the locker room.  Last September I changed in the parking garage, but with yesterdays heat I changed in the locker room.  I was annoyed at first thinking everyone would beat me out to the slopes, but still ended up being the 3rd chair out

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

I wouldn't mind trying a new Pennsylvania ski area like Blue knob or maybe hit up plattekill (never been) since I'll probably not do an ORDA card this season. Always nice to add new areas to the list. Maybe a PASR day at the knob indy peeps? Other than that Blue of course and trip(s) to AZ SB.

Plattekill is awesome when the snow is deep enough to ski the woods. It opens up a crazy amount of acreage. A week old storm can still have untracked . 
My favorite place! 
https://nyskiblog.com/winter-storm-riley-at-plattekill/

I skied storm Riley Saturday. Still having nice dreams! 

Edited by AirheadD8
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pcklein31 said:

Looks like I need to get there on a weekday.. totally empty!

Ive been twice for opening on Sunday this summer and it is empty for the first 20 minutes while everyone changes in the locker room .

Locker room wow...fancy schmancy.  If you boot up at your car? How far is the walk?

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Locker room wow...fancy schmancy.  If you boot up at your car? How far is the walk?

It depends on which floor. I usually park in the top floor so I have more 'privacy' for changing in and out of my clothes.... 

You got to walk down a flight of stairs and the walk is really not any further than from where you all park to the 6/pack or quad..

• Thanks 1