Blue on IKON Pass

NMSKI

6 hours ago, Benm said:

i wouldn't be a fan of blue becoming unlimited on ikon. i would welcome an ikon add on or whatever.

I'm love/hate on it.  I'd hate the extra crowds it might bring but on the other hand I'd love to just have to buy an iKon and get all those advantages instead of a local pass.

12 hours ago, mute1080 said:

26 million within 2 hours 😯 

Skiing experience like a evacuation drill 😂 🎯 

IMG_2624.jpeg

The bedazzling spectacle is the Dskis.  

Some other peice said this was pretty much "the most underwhelming announcement for the Ikon".  LOL.  

• Like 2

Between Blue, Camelback and Windham that would be 21 days of skiing I could do without paying for hotels.

Would also quite likely hit places like Stratton, Sugarbush, Killington, Loon and a trip or two to Rockies - and it would be nice to revisit all of these places I have not skied since in at least the 5 years I will have had Epic or Indy passes.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Between Blue, Camelback and Windham that would be 21 days of skiing I could do without paying for hotels.

Would also quite likely hit places like Stratton, Sugarbush, Killington, Loon and a trip or two to Rockies - and it would be nice to revisit all of these places I have not skied since in at least the 5 years I will have had Epic or Indy passes.

I pumped for you.  Any new music videos by the Beagles?  I’m already getting excited for Christmas 

As someone who's had Ikons x4 (including the screaming deal on 2 kids passes) for a few years now, and had blue passes last year but opted not to renew, this is fantastic for us.   

We live in Philly and do a bunch of SLC and other Western trips each year , along with a bunch of weekend in VT so the Ikon always was a no brainer for us, but the lack of day trip skiing did suck. Got the blue passes for last year but my older kid needed a full pass , and with the generally poor conditions and many weekend taken up with travel skiing, only used them enough to break even on the cost.  So we decided to not re-up and just deal with day tickets, despite blues sometimes outrageous pricing on weekend tickets with no discounts for kids.   Looking like that gamble payed off. 

From a corporate $$$ perspective, KSL owns both blue and camelback and is also an owner of Alterra who runs Ikon, so while Blue isn't an Alterra corp mountain ,it's still related and always seemed inevitable that they would be added to Ikon at some point.

My WAG is that Blue pass sales dropped a lot from the COVID boom after last year's no snow (I was called multiple times even months after the deadline asking if I still wanted to renew at the early bird price), so that the risk of the Ikon poaching full pass sales became reasonable to the mountain.  

My guess is also for those of you who do more blue days and still need a full blue pass, they will eventually (prob next year but maybe sooner) add the Ikon add on option to the full blue pass, like how Killington, Snowbird , Jackson and the other affiliated but not Alterra owned mountains offer .

• Like 5