Blue on IKON Pass

NMSKI

8 minutes ago, rgrwilco said:

Wish I knew in the spring, I would have gone ikon instead of epic. 

next year I guess 

Yep this will be my last year on Epic.

Ikon for 24-25.

Will be nice to hit CBk and Blue again occasionally instead of JF and RT

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1
  • Boner City 1

Holy shit. This is wild.

@Schifdog just ran down the stairs to tell me.

------------------

Here's the TLDR

• If you switch from Blue to Ikon, you have limited visits to Blue Mountain, lose the free buddy pass, and access to the VIP line.

------------------

I'm currently working like 20-hours a week and have been thinking ... man, this would be so sweet to ski midweek and go off to Utah again... 

• So, I've contacted Ikon to get more details and they said to contact Blue.
  • I contacted Blue asking if my season pass is now valid at Ikon Resorts - it's not. 
  • I asked Blue if there's an option to upgrade - there's not.
  • But, the agent did offer to refund my season pass. And then you buy the Ikon.
  • But, Ikon will be limiting visits to Blue Mountain and has blackout dates.

Hope this helps others considering switching to Ikon.

--------------------

Me: as a current season pass holder, are you offering any options to upgrade to Ikon? I called Ikon and they told me that you would be offering a promotion to cancel my season pass and upgrade it to Ikon

Blue: We are happy to work with you to find the solution you need! If we refund your Blue Mountain Season Pass, you will lose all pass holder benefits including access to the VIP line at high-speed lifts, your free buddy pass, free snow tubing, and year-round 10% discount on food and retail. You will also be limited to 5 or 7 visits to Blue Mountain and subject to IKON blackout dates (depending on your Ikon Season Pass type). If you would like to continue with a refund on your Blue Mountain Season Pass, please let me know.

Me: is there a deadline that you're offering the pass refund option?

Blue: You can get a refund for your pass as long as you haven't used it yet. No specific date

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Will be interesting if this makes Blue more crowded and Nancy 20 hours a week is nice as long as you get full time money.  

It will absolutely increase crowds. Maybe it will light a fire under blues ass to get that expansion going.

• Like 2

Good thing there are never any people at blue so this should really help put peeps on the empty trails.  /s

I already get an ikon every year but I don't like this, acerage was already in high demand and there are a mother fuck ton of EC peeps who have ikons to ski somewhere out west who will now pop into blue a few times a year. 

It was inevitable but I doubt come the end of the season anyone is like thank God blue is on ikon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Ikon only gives you a handful of days, and is subject to blackout, it won't be the absolute worst, but it will definitely add some people on weekends. We just need the season to start early and end late so that we get more weekends without Ikonic people

5 minutes ago, skiincy said:

I mean... I know there are going to be haters out there on Ikon & Epic.

But I love the idea of not having to buy 2 passes next winter.

It might work for you since you don’t ski at Blue that much plus if Zonked or Root doesn’t use my buddy pass I might offer it to you.  It would be nice if Ikon offered discounted Ikon passes for Blue season passholders.  I believe Killington does and Jackson hole gives a base Ikon to full season passholders 

I see no benefit for most of us, until there is an ikon + blue unlimited in one pass, and i havent put enough thought into it to really figure out if i would like that to happen. 

I dont think this area is littered with ikon passholders. Its unlikely a vermont ikoner is like “oh, fucking sweet dude, blue mt is on the pass. Lets skip sugarbush this weekend and go hang out in palmerton”

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yep this will be my last year on Epic.

Ikon for 24-25.

Will be nice to hit CBk and Blue again occasionally instead of JF and RT

This is boner city news! Dude, I'm like soooo stoked to ski Blue and Camelback on Ikon Pass. We should hit up both on opening day and eat lots of Ikon flavored sugar cookies while consuming fresh hot cocoas and high five the Ikon Camel at both mountains, then board a cheap Frontier flight using our clipped coupons to breathe that fresh Rocky Mountain air and make get some secondhand smoke from John Denvers Gonja. This season is gonna be liiiiiit

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1