12/26…foggy and quiet

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 720am and it was in the low 40s with dense fog on the upper 2/3 of the mountain. In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, BenM and some boomers.  

First civilian super summit safari 6 pack and very nice snow on easy out to vista to midway to lower Main Street.  Pretty smooth and very soft.  I skied lazy mile for the first time this season and it was very nice herp snow until the corners which are very thin don’t know if lower lazy will make it till Thursday.  

Up the quad to Freefall which was in the fog and ok snow but you couldn’t see.  Lower paradise has decent coverage still.  I skied some more laps and crowds never materialized.  The warmth scared a lot of people away which was nice.  Today was like a meatloaf song…nice snow, no crowds but bad visibility…so two out of three ain’t mad!!!!

I might be up tomorrow morning and Thursday for sure.  

JADIP

AD0F47F0-850B-4C58-9DBF-964A234D8FAA.jpeg

• Like 7

Snow conditions were great today..Visibility was not so great today... but it sure kept the crowds down...Some brown on upper Para and around the turn on Lazy...Fog seemed to really set in as the day went on..Did a bunch of laps on TCS...Then did the tour de Blue and hit Paradise/Lazy/Midway Lower Main twice then Burma...all from the quad...Nice morning on the snow at Blue Mountain...

20231226_081549.jpg

20231226_083046.jpg

20231226_091350.jpg

20231226_093953.jpg

20231226_095331.jpg

20231226_100739.jpg

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

there’s literally nothing more depressing than thick fog, warm temps, brown snow WRODs and evaporating snow on our mountain the week after Christmas. Add in the literal heaps of trash, litter and beer cans under the lift for a stark reminder that we’re officially in the bizarro world of skiing. At least when the skiings good I’m less annoyed by the filth under the lift. Speaking of, @Bluemountain…I know you look at PASR. Do something about that shit. My township dump is cleaner than Blue and that’s not even an exaggeration. It’s embarrassing and your stupid giant trash cans only make it worse. If you’re gonna have those eye sores out at least send someone out daily to clean up after the jackasses that have no aim, along with the trail of trash leading up to the cans, which btw simply proves that the giant trash cans don’t work. Put goddamn signs out that say “if you’re caught littering you lose your pass”…and enforce that. That would be better I think than having your patrollers playing laser tag with really good skiers that are fully in control.

apologies for the rant. Feel like crap, and this weather is depressing.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 2

I'll collect the aluminum cans for free if Blue would permit me to walk underneath the hill station lifts. There's loot and bounty in them parts!! I'll collect ten big black trash bags full of cans and recycle them for three fitty, and use the proceeds to treat the parking lot to a 5 pack of mini Yoo Hoos.

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'll collect the aluminum cans for free if Blue would permit me to walk underneath the hill station lifts. There's loot and bounty in them parts!! I'll collect ten big black trash bags full of cans and recycle them for three fitty, and use the proceeds to treat the parking lot to a 5 pack of mini Yoo Hoos.

Why again are you collecting cans?  There’s already a guy who collects cans in the lot before opening in the morning. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why again are you collecting cans?  There’s already a guy who collects cans in the lot before opening in the morning. 

Not collecting cans is leaving money on the table 

I was raising money to buy a high end gaming PC. If I picked 50 cans a day it would take 5.47 years to get to $2K. So I just decided to buy the PC first and pick cans for the next 5.47 years.

Edited by saltyant

Interesting day, was exhausted after work so napped for awhil and arrived around 10:45.  Crowds seemed light at first but quickly filled in.  Snow was good but not near as good as Christmas Eve. 

I think we'll make it through this weather hump just fine until snowmaking returns possibly this weekend or Monday night albeit a little rough around the edges.

Anyone see my friend get straight up MMA taken down at the base of the 6 pack by an irate snowboarder woman who thought he made her fall?  🤣 crazy holiday crowds, didn’t see the on trail incident myself.

5 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

there’s literally nothing more depressing than thick fog, warm temps, brown snow WRODs and evaporating snow on our mountain the week after Christmas. Add in the literal heaps of trash, litter and beer cans under the lift for a stark reminder that we’re officially in the bizarro world of skiing. At least when the skiings good I’m less annoyed by the filth under the lift. Speaking of, @Bluemountain…I know you look at PASR. Do something about that shit. My township dump is cleaner than Blue and that’s not even an exaggeration. It’s embarrassing and your stupid giant trash cans only make it worse. If you’re gonna have those eye sores out at least send someone out daily to clean up after the jackasses that have no aim, along with the trail of trash leading up to the cans, which btw simply proves that the giant trash cans don’t work. Put goddamn signs out that say “if you’re caught littering you lose your pass”…and enforce that. That would be better I think than having your patrollers playing laser tag with really good skiers that are fully in control.

You’re so emo lol the west is hurting as well. 

1 hour ago, DiMe said:

Interesting day, was exhausted after work so napped for awhil and arrived around 10:45.  Crowds seemed light at first but quickly filled in.  Snow was good but not near as good as Christmas Eve. 

I think we'll make it through this weather hump just fine until snowmaking returns possibly this weekend or Monday night albeit a little rough around the edges.

Anyone see my friend get straight up MMA taken down at the base of the 6 pack by an irate snowboarder woman who thought he made her fall?  🤣 crazy holiday crowds, didn’t see the on trail incident myself.

I hope he defended himself until the cops came.  

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

Not collecting cans is leaving money on the table 

I was raising money to buy a high end gaming PC. If I picked 50 cans a day it would take 5.47 years to get to $2K. So I just decided to buy the PC first and pick cans for the next 5.47 years.

Just buy a new one. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I hope he defended himself until the cops came.  

He defended himself without offense.  Security had her in the wrong for the assault but in the end both parties walked away unharmed without any penalties from the Blue police.

11 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

You failed to mention the new garbage dump that is the valley parking lot.
Look around when you first get there, the place is totally littered with trash people just throw under their car or flat out just leave it where they drop it.

Would help if Blue would put out more trash cans so you wouldn't have to walk a country mile to get to one...

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Look around when you first get there, the place is totally littered with trash people just throw under their car or flat out just leave it where they drop it.

Would help if Blue would put out more trash cans so you wouldn't have to walk a country mile to get to one...

i did notice that the lot was extra trashy Sunday morning.  i get it that Blue could have some more trash cans, but it would really help if people would just not be assholes. That in my opinion is the biggest problem. i dont get how people feel its ok just to chuck an empty can off the lift at any time.  it was cool to have the six pack jammed in your coat, but now that they are empty its such a big deal to carry an empty?

They really should try to do something about it, more cans are good, but peoples behavior needs to change as well.  

• Like 4
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i did notice that the lot was extra trashy Sunday morning.  i get it that Blue could have some more trash cans, but it would really help if people would just not be assholes. That in my opinion is the biggest problem. i dont get how people feel its ok just to chuck an empty can off the lift at any time.  it was cool to have the six pack jammed in your coat, but now that they are empty its such a big deal to carry an empty?

They really should try to do something about it, more cans are good, but peoples behavior needs to change as well.  

Yup, unfortunately it seems as though humanity is going in the wrong direction...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, indiggio said:

The old hippie guy was out collecting cans yesterday that were already in the garbage can @saltyant maybe he’s saving up for a luxury gaming PC computer rig that’s water cooled and can also mine dogecoin.  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah they have about the same amount of terrain open at blue as Arizona snowbowl. Is this your daughters last year of college?

Yeah. So much of their terrain is contingent on natural snow. Snowmaking in general is brand new for them (10 years maybe?). The local native tribes fought it as they believe the mountain is sacred and didn't want reclaimed water being used (the only way. It's Arizona at the end of the day).  Ultimately they lost in court and snowbeezy was granted snowmaking. Not for anything but the mountain is sacred to me also and I'm totally ok with it Lol.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The old hippie guy was out collecting cans yesterday that were already in the garbage can @saltyant maybe he’s saving up for a luxury gaming PC computer rig that’s water cooled and can also mine dogecoin.  

Nah, he told me last year that he saved up enough to buy a new roto-tiller, since his old one died on him.

Thought for a second you were talking about Grateful Bob the liftie.
He stopped to chat in the parking lot last weekend.
He's waiting for the Challenge lift to open and was filling in on the learning hill triple the other day.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah they have about the same amount of terrain open at blue as Arizona snowbowl. Is this your daughters last year of college?

I’ve always wanted to go to the Snowbowl. Seems amount of natural snow they get is either minimal or amazing.  Although, there is a lot to do in those parts if the snow isn’t great.