January? 1st 2024 a show of shit

RidgeRacer

Also have to add the absolute atrocity that was the attempted grooming for today!  It probably was the worst it’s been this entire season.  Not only were there ridges, but large swaths of overflow boulders they never went back to smooth and also some huge gouges.   It was so bad @AtomicSkier didn’t want to lead the way down Mudway and Muck Street!  Of course there was no way he was patient enough to stay behind us the entire way and we had a good laugh about it the bottom!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Maybe they have to start patting down the park rats before they get on the lift . 
Goes to parents or lack of , truly disgusting shit. 

They shouldn’t have to pay someone to clean up that mess. Pull some passes and make a few examples and the word will spread! 

I did notice the handwritten sign threatening to pull your pass if you throw snowballs at riders below the lift. Not sure when that went up. Must’ve been this week

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I did notice the handwritten sign threatening to pull your pass if you throw snowballs at riders below the lift. Not sure when that went up. Must’ve been this week

Douchebag kids were throwing snowballs from.the sixpack at kids on the school hill lift loading areas.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

They need to do something about the trash, or it will just get worse. Not sure how they would handle that as a sign thats says “no drinking alcohol on the lifts” will fire up the Karens for sure. 
Kinda gotta handle the problem without admitting there is a problem. 

• Like 1

I wonder if by having the dumpsters there it almost encourages people that it is ok to drink on and throw trash off the lift.  Ditch the dumpsters, slap up a couple of cameras and pull passes when people litter.  I feel kind of bad being so grumpy about it, but I can’t think of a good reason why people should be allowed to litter like that. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I wonder if by having the dumpsters there it almost encourages people that it is ok to drink on and throw trash off the lift.  Ditch the dumpsters, slap up a couple of cameras and pull passes when people litter.  I feel kind of bad being so grumpy about it, but I can’t think of a good reason why people should be allowed to litter like that. 

Some friendly snowboarder kids gave me a fresh alcoholic Monster drink on the lift.  I didnt know those existed it tasted exactly like monster but no caffine plus alcohol.  I threw it in the garbage can, didnt even bounce on the rim, straight in!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Also have to add the absolute atrocity that was the attempted grooming for today!  It probably was the worst it’s been this entire season.  Not only were there ridges, but large swaths of overflow boulders they never went back to smooth and also some huge gouges.   It was so bad @AtomicSkier didn’t want to lead the way down Mudway and Muck Street!  Of course there was no way he was patient enough to stay behind us the entire way and we had a good laugh about it the bottom!

The next time I ski blue in a couple days I’m hoping there’s a 20 ounce Gatorade bottle I can jib..at least they’re plastic..the old glass Gatorade bottles would send anybody less agile than me ass over teakettle…

they should just blow lots of snow on the falls lol that way when it gets real cold that’s already taken care of…(if any blue execs are reading this I’m kidding..but gotta blow the hell out of razors for like five hours so we can watch it melt..

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Shadows said:

It's just lazy. On the mtns part.

You can't sell alcohol and not expect a sanitation issue. Not like people are throwing pasta sauce off the lift. Yet. 

What gets us are the actual empty Twisted Tea boxes under the lifts.  How do you carry a box that size onto the lift?

Its also just laziness on the drinkers part to not wait for the dumpsters instead of just tossing them when/wherever.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

It makes the place look bad…years ago it was extremely bad..not this bad..Blue is getting more of the camelback crowd and people from places like cherry hill who say cherry funny like Bens aunt Mary Pat Sabatino but even she knows to throw her rubbish at Wawa when she gets a coke and a smoke.  

if I was working in tubing or the rental shop and was told I’ll give you $10 for every bag you fill up of trash, id be working under the lights..I’d still do it now if they put me in their next commercial.  

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

They need to do something about the trash, or it will just get worse. Not sure how they would handle that as a sign thats says “no drinking alcohol on the lifts” will fire up the Karens for sure. 
Kinda gotta handle the problem without admitting there is a problem. 

There are ways. Disney parks see 15+ million visitors a year. You won’t see a piece of litter anywhere. I swear Disney has some magic that causes any litter that falls from someone’s hand to magically disappear into pixie dust before it hits the ground. In all seriousness…they should do their research. Check with other resorts to see how they manage it etc. 

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

I always seem to pass the Bethlehem Ford crew at about the same spot on lower Main Street around run #4..last week when lazy mile was still open…it was on lazy..and they’re good people to pass..predictable AF constant speed..and usually get a couple high speed pole taps when Mute is out with the Family….I actually might start juggling as a way to add a little variety into skiing the same two runs. Gary’s son josh can teach me how to ski with no poles and I already know how to juggle… @saltyant if you have three balls, bring them to the lot.  Tennis balls are fine. Or bowling pins. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Hey now don’t give them ideas, I need a place to toss my coffee cup lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

Hey now don’t give them ideas, I need a place to toss my coffee cup lol

I like the big cans but why not clean around then like twice a day.  Disney world would twice a minute.  Maybe make the funnel larger but even Root usually makes it.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich