January 10

C1erArt

32 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

IMG_8101.thumb.jpeg.cb5f2cdfb583302a0d4d20f18b003cc6.jpeg

Freefall the run of the morning and became better as things softened up, although Lazy Mike was a close second. A lot of small bluecoat lesson groups on the hill. 

I never noticed how far east that trail is compared to the radical tubing center. looking down from the top.

• Like 2

Rode from 11 -1, very good soft snow,  minimal lumpiness but enough to keep speed at level 9.

Overall the hill did remarkably well, though for those that like to travel at speed be very careful at the waterbars, the end of dis and the crossover from Vista to midway both are sporting 2x1 ft chasms that are best delt with in the air. 

Main has a big fucking hole from all the water running underneath but otherwise held fast super grip arc arc arc turns.

Nobody was home which is the best condition and it was super nice to let them fly. First thing in the morning when it's still smooth you could really let them run. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Rode from 11 -1, very good soft snow,  minimal lumpiness but enough to keep speed at level 9.

Overall the hill did remarkably well, though for those that like to travel at speed be very careful at the waterbars, the end of dis and the crossover from Vista to midway both are sporting 2x1 ft chasms that are best delt with in the air. 

Main has a big fucking hole from all the water running underneath but otherwise held fast super grip arc arc arc turns.

Nobody was home which is the best condition and it was super nice to let them fly. First thing in the morning when it's still smooth you could really let them run. 

Nice report wish I could be there.  Work today was stupid…I have a 20 ounce Mountain Dew for you the next time I see you.  I was gonna treat myself to a Gatorade from the vending machine after clearing my car off and hit D6 instead of B6 SMH…

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice report wish I could be there.  Work today was stupid…I have a 20 ounce Mountain Dew for you the next time I see you.  I was gonna treat myself to a Gatorade from the vending machine after clearing my car off and hit D6 instead of B6 SMH…

Work is stupid everyday. Today and tomorrow I'm on the swing shift as I have a bunch of dumb meetings in the morning. I bet first thing tomorrow is going to be pretty good.  

Just now, Johnny Law said:

Work is stupid everyday. Today and tomorrow I'm on the swing shift as I have a bunch of dumb meetings in the morning. I bet first thing tomorrow is going to be pretty good.  

Depends on how cold it gets overnight. I’m actually hoping it doesn’t get that cold and 9am opening in sunshine.  Atomic Jeff loves the sun. 

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Only $114 Saturday for an 8 hour. That’s honestly not that bad when you think about how little money is worth these days.  Think of it as a penalty for those who don’t purchase a season pass.  

But don’t  forget how much business the race team brings them! 

• Boner City 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, tnt temp said:

Worth the $156 ticket for sure!

Blue is rational for charging that. It's the people who are crazy for paying it. I would completely quit skiing if my only option was to pay $156 to ski 3 trails covered in Pennsylvania Powder and wait 20 minutes per run.

Edited by saltyant

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Blue is still probably leaving money on the table. Next time it snows they should charge $300 per ticket, $50 parking. Why not throw on a $25 convenience fee too like Ticket Master??

Not sure how to give warning points but this post makes me want to look into it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

But don’t  forget how much business the race team brings them! 

Race team brings them a lot of business, all the race team peeps buy season passes, a lot of their family members do as well, they pay for race training and some pay for additional night training and because Blue has the best race trail in the state, they bring in hundreds of junior and college racers from across the state.  Would if be hard for them to bring NASTar back on Raceway???

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

40 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Blue is still probably leaving money on the table. Next time it snows they should charge $300 per ticket, $50 parking. Why not throw on a $25 convenience fee too like Ticket Master??

It’s called dynamic pricing like today was only $60-70 because less demand, more demand on weekends and even more when there’s a snowstorm. 

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That was one day get over it. 

20 minutes per wait for normal people with lift tickets.... For us VIP season pass holders in the new and improved VIP line to be implemented soon, it'll be a 20 second wait !!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

20 minutes per wait for normal people with lift tickets.... For us VIP season pass holders in the new and improved VIP line to be implemented soon, it'll be a 20 second wait !!!

They actually had season pass lanes set up today on both lifts. It has a designated cattle chute and everything. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 1

3 hours ago, mute1080 said:

Not sure how to give warning points but this post makes me want to look into it.

Why?? On epic Powder Days, charge non season pass holders as high as they'll possibly pay, even $500 or $1000 if possible, and the ski hill station will be a little less crowded for us VIP season passholders. Then Blue will make bank and can invest in the mountain by spending the money on extra cattle corral ropes for the VIP line, and maybe hand out free mini hot cocoas for the first 10 season passholders. And there won't be pictures of thousands in line being spread all over social media. Everyone wins.

Edited by saltyant

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Why?? On epic Powder Days, charge non season pass holders as high as they'll possibly pay, even $500 or $1000 if possible, and the ski hill station will be a little less crowded for us VIP season passholders. Then Blue will make bank and can invest in the mountain by spending the money on extra cattle corral ropes for the VIP line, and maybe hand out free mini hot cocoas for the first 10 season passholders. And there won't be pictures of thousands in line being spread all over social media. Everyone wins.

Thanks. Figured out how 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1