1/17/24

Jrwit

Guys.

One of the best carving days I’ve ever had in PA. So pissed I had to leave at 1130. First runs were sublime, groomers actually got their act together and made things groomed without ice balls (well, 90%). Snow was proper fast, felt like early AM groomers out west. Skis hooked up great.

A few icy spots started to show up on Lazy, Main Street was only getting better as the sun came up.

Rest of the mountain was good though (minus Freefall, because “shut down for racing”… that’s a whole separate topic).

Started blowing more snow right as I left, my guess is this afternoon will be pretty good with some fresh stuff on top, as long as it doesn’t get slid out.

IMG_1796.jpeg

Edited by Jrwit
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Jrwit changed the title to 1/17/24

Second Jrwit’s assessment. Good day. About 10 degrees with no wind. Started with a run on Paradise to get the knee juice flowing, and then up to freefall, just as they were closing it - caught the rope across my throat as they raised it, but they let me through. Pretty slick, but nice - then it was closed for adult gate practice. Headed over to the Summit lift. Upper Main Street was closed because it was half groomed. Ran lazy Mile, which was nice but even then getting pretty crowded with people coming down from the challenge lift as well as the summit lift. Spent the rest of the morning doing Vista Midway and lower Main. They were all in great shape and surprisingly, about 10 lower was pretty empty. No lift lines. The adaptive coach jacket/lime jacket people were in the house and had a whisker run set up near the upper lodge. 

Apparently the guns were shut down because of a power alert in the township. They started up again about 11, and were blowing on upper main, Curzi’s,  Razors, as well as other high traffic areas. Ran the Falls a couple of times and tried to avoid the lower terrain park because it got pretty crowded. Didn’t really see anyone except the Beth Ford crew.

• Like 2

Made it up this afternoon for an hour. Light crowds and good snow but they were blowing on Lazy and Midway which was insta freeze on the goggles. Tried to avoid that and stuck to CS and Pdis since they were good. 

Upper Main was closed and they were blowing on NMDW. Only blowing on the upper head wall on Rzrs so guessing they’re just letting the rest of the trail dry out for the weekend. Saw @MattEDGEwas in the house but didn’t get to talk to him.

IMG_3605.jpeg

• Like 6

Just got back from a late afternoon sesh at Blue The True!  Guns were blazing top to bottom on Nightmare and Dreamweaver.  Come around has been pushed out and Widowmaker looks ready to be pushed and open.  Snow was good with a couple scraped spots.  Guns blazing on Lazy, Vista and Midway was still nice and light snow reconditioning all day long.  Looks like we will have a plethora of new terrain by the weekend.  All and all JADIP.

20240117_143211.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

I had to actually go to work today so super nice to hear they are blowing nmdw

You’ve been super dedicated since New Years..I might make you a plaque.  I still have your 20 ounce Mountain Dew chilling in my fridge. Might even get you a code red as well depending on how business is the next few days lol 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You’ve been super dedicated since New Years..I might make you a plaque.  I still have your 20 ounce Mountain Dew chilling in my fridge. Might even get you a code red as well depending on how business is the next few days lol 

Nobody will ever touch your record but I wish i could ski everyday of my life, it makes way more sense then work........The og is still the king but sometimes nothing hits like a code red

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Nobody will ever touch your record but I wish i could ski everyday of my life, it makes way more sense then work........The og is still the king but sometimes nothing hits like a code red

61 days in a row in 2007 was amazing..cue “Glory days” in the background..back then I used to just straight run mostly and I actually kept my skis waxed and sharpened regularly.  I used to PM female PASR members, even rose back in the day didn’t know she was Justos Bae lol. Got me three dates with Melissa and a tour of Scranton.  

• Love 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

61 days in a row in 2007 was amazing..cue “Glory days” in the background..back then I used to just straight run mostly and I actually kept my skis waxed and sharpened regularly.  I used to PM female PASR members, even rose back in the day didn’t know she was Justos Bae lol. Got me three dates with Melissa and a tour of Scranton.  

Was @Melissa the one who got away? 😘

1 hour ago, Schif said:

I've long heard he's an agile mofo, this proves it. 

If I remember right he was the only one with game,  little nick told me was full play on player.

Many moons ago I saw Doug work his magic at a bar in kop, its just like skiing if you underestimate him its to your own disadvantage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

If I remember right he was the only one with game,  little nick told me was full play on player.

Many moons ago I saw Doug work his magic at a bar in kop, its just like skiing if you underestimate him its to your own disadvantage.

I had to turn it off with the customer I just had in my office but she only lost her husband in December. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2