3/30/24….Closing day??

If it's over (which I think it is) today was an absolutely incredible way to end the season. Full speed laps on a flat NMDW and Razors with great coverage and decent snow. All things considered Blue worked magic the latter half of March when things were looking dire. Mad props to blue

IMG_20240330_090218_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20240330_090336_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20240330_090450_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 8

Bumps were firm early so a bunch of high speed runs on razors was nice. The wind tamed down considerably from yesterday. 
Things softened up and the bumps got deeper than I liked  . Upper razors bumps were oddly spaced and pretty icy. 
The crew was working on a second line when I had to bail around noon. Such a nice day and I wish I could have stayed till the end. 

I went with my Retro attire today, 42 year old Descante pants and CB powder shirt. 
Got some compliments from the “old guys “ lol. 

IMG_5480.jpeg

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Bumps were firm early so a bunch of high speed runs on razors was nice. The wind tamed down considerably from yesterday. 
Things softened up and the bumps got deeper than I liked  . Upper razors bumps were oddly spaced and pretty icy. 
The crew was working on a second line when I had to bail around noon. Such a nice day and I wish I could have stayed till the end. 

I went with my Retro attire today, 42 year old Descante pants and CB powder shirt. 

IMG_5480.jpeg

Nice to finally meet you in person.

felt cool knowing we were the only people skiing in the state of Pennsylvania today. Like we were part of an exclusive club. Lol

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Nice to finally meet you in person.

felt cool knowing we were the only people skiing in the state of Pennsylvania today. Like we were part of an exclusive club. Lol

Likewise, your group likes to rip top to bottom. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

Looooooking mighty fine in them there pants son! Ain’t no way I could fit in my pants from that era! Funniest thing was I rode the lift with a rando who was very interested and asked if I was skiing with and knew the guy in the retro Descente pants 😬

great ski day skiing tele in the am  then swapped out the heels to run some bumps but outta synch with everyone so kinda weird ending to the season, did some grillage with the bfg crew and peaced out, later gator!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

Saw that at rope drop. My wife was cleaning closets a couple of weeks ago, and made me throw out my Obermyer padded sweater I wore on ski trips together with her from the early 80s. Stretch pants went a long time ago. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C1erArt said:

Saw that at rope drop. My wife was cleaning closets a couple of weeks ago, and made me throw out my Obermyer padded sweater I wore on ski trips together with her from the early 80s. Stretch pants went a long time ago. 

Someone stopped me up to say I was the best dressed skier on the mountain lol . He went on to tell me that he saw something similar “ new” recently. Maybe they will make a comeback? I’ve got a theory that I ski faster with them rather then my baggy pants. ? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

Looooooking mighty fine in them there pants son! Ain’t no way I could fit in my pants from that era! Funniest thing was I rode the lift with a rando who was very interested and asked if I was skiing with and knew the guy in the retro Descente pants 😬

great ski day skiing tele in the am  then swapped out the heels to run some bumps but outta synch with everyone so kinda weird ending to the season, did some grillage with the bfg crew and peaced out, later gator!

Lol , I barely fit on the last latch. The zipper doesn’t close 100% . Running the bumps I was hoping it would hold otherwise I would have them around my ankles in an instant😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And the clock strikes 5…guess that’s it for PA…

I’m still pumped over the black atomic ski pole..and the one run on Raisins ledge I skied with one pole felt weird.  With early bird season passes still for sale at Blue for a few more days, this was a heck of a move for Blue to sell more season passes and also get some of the camelback people to see the light…what’s this light all y’all are talking about..the light is Blue….

2C3A89A5-4797-42E3-81EB-56863EFC2075.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 1

Renewed my pass. I can't see them opening next weekend. Been a good run, like @Doug said tho, i need closure.

Anyone have pics of these epic pants?

Also I'm not so sure the elk sale is a done deal, could be wrong tho. Old curmudgeon might have had an issue with lighting.

Edited by Benm
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Benm said:

Renewed my pass. I can't see them opening next weekend. Been a good run, like @Doug said tho, i need closure.

Anyone have pics of these epic pants?

Also I'm not so sure the elk sale is a done deal, could be wrong tho. Old curmudgeon might have had an issue with lighting.

Lol , just found some on eBay 

IMG_5481.png

Edited by AirheadD8
  • Like 1

me, @Schif and Wally were driving from Philly to NEPA for some easter festivities, so despite the broken wrist - we stopped at Bleu for some final bonus runs to close out the season.

We skied a couple runs with @GrilledSteezeSandwich and @Mixilplix then hung in the parking lot for a bit. 

Here are some final parking lot moments of 2023-24 season. 

pasr-1.thumb.jpg.7e946c7d12e7ec6f4ec7f8cee47f75ee.jpg

pasr-2.thumb.jpg.f976594c83795aa157c9ed920975d23b.jpg

pasr-3.thumb.jpg.90de64ddd399bcf3789c4dcd88891543.jpg

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, skiincy said:

me, @Schif and Wally were driving from Philly to NEPA for some easter festivities, so despite the broken wrist - we stopped at Bleu for some final bonus runs to close out the season.

We skied a couple runs with @GrilledSteezeSandwich and @Mixilplix then hung in the parking lot for a bit. 

I said wazup to Wally as you were parked next to me….your parking spot was first occupied by @RidgeRacer Hyundai Kona that @saltyant rented in Utah..then Nancy’s Tuscon…maybe later on replaced by a Hyundai Santa Fe or a Nissan Milwaukee lol

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, skiincy said:

I did a few more bump runs and was bummed that everyone was gone by the time I got back to the lot.  grilled up a few sausages and hung with the bfg crew

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I said wazup to Wally as you were parked next to me….your parking spot was first occupied by @RidgeRacer Hyundai Kona that @saltyant rented in Utah..then Nancy’s Tuscon…maybe later on replaced by a Hyundai Santa Fe or a Nissan Milwaukee lol

Thanks, I'll be sure to ask you if I ever need to remember what model of car I rented on a ski trip.

Edited by saltyant
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks, I'll be sure to ask you if I ever need to remember what model of car I rented on a ski trip.

No worries but you usually don’t even mention that Hyundai Kona sticks out in my mind from Utah trip.  @saltyant did you purchase your blue pass…next season I wanna bring more snacks to the lot…you should bring snacks as well…I’m thinking a case of captains wafers and pops and Enjo like cashews, they’re pricey but YOLO lol

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No worries but you usually don’t even mention that Hyundai Kona sticks out in my mind from Utah trip.  @saltyant did you purchase your blue pass…next season I wanna bring more snacks to the lot…you should bring snacks as well…I’m thinking a case of captains wafers and pops and Enjo like cashews, they’re pricey but YOLO lol

Yes, I'll do the payment plan since they shouldn't get all of my John Cash at once. Grate ideas all around

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yes, I'll do the payment plan since they shouldn't get all of my John Cash at once. Grate ideas all around

I feel like they should do a discount if you don’t do the payment plan…that would make sense without going into a discussion on the time value of money. 

• Thanks 1