Opening day..

librider

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have this warm spell now before the local ski areas start blowing snow. How much money do you think Belleayre lost from last weekends snowmaking? I'm confident I'll be skiing Okemo or Killington Thanksgiving weekend but I don't think there'll be 20 runs like last season..maybe just a few routes down like two seasons ago. It really doesn't matter if it doesn't get cold in PA until the Monday or Tuesday after Thanksgiving since Blue mountain won't open until December 1st at the earliest..This time of year forecasts can change so fast. I'm so jealous of the west coast skiers. Places from Whistler to Tahoe are going to get hammered with snow along with Colorado, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming. I have to keep reminding myself it's only November 11th..If it's this warm December 11th I'm going to go insane in the membrane..

Whistler is forcasted for 110+cm which translates to 3.5 ft of snow :banghead

awesome news...mid to high twenties for Bear Creek means snowmaking up north..

whats weird is the forecast at that time was colder for bear creek(macungie) than in blue mt (palmerton) and camelback (tannersville)...

EDIT- And they have changed since this morning, well at least BC's where there is no more snow possible in the forecast...but there is no sence for me or anyone to get excited or bummed out because the forecasts change so damn fast and often...

Edited by Oakley21

whats weird is the forecast at that time was colder for bear creek(macungie) than in blue mt (palmerton) and camelback (tannersville)...

I hope it colder somewhere north, because the 10 day forcast for down here(Abington) sucks. Low 60's, and high 50's toward the end of the 10 day.