First Gear Purchase for 2010/2011 Season

Ride Delaware ?

Here's my list of new stuff for the season:

Never Summer SL 161

Never Summer Premier F-1 163

Bern Watts Hard Hat

Burton ak pants

Really stoked to get back on Never Summer boards. I had one years ago, and it was the best thing I ever rode, despite being a little heavy.

Guess im gear whoring hard this year. I sold my 168 K2 Gyrator and picked up a Burton Sherlock 160.

And nice Hugo, i've been wanting to ride something from NS for awhile now. Always hear good things.

Dan, for my once in a blue moon post....

that's a decision you will surely regret............

Here's my list of new stuff for the season:

Never Summer SL 161

Never Summer Premier F-1 163

Bern Watts Hard Hat

Burton ak pants

Really stoked to get back on Never Summer boards. I had one years ago, and it was the best thing I ever rode, despite being a little heavy.

I had a 2005 NS evo, and even though i loved it, as you said it was pretty damn heavy. I went into EMS (gotta love the student discount) a few weeks ago and played around with this years evo, and its lighter than my rome artifact, and i nice mid-flex, so I bought it. Im pretty stoked on riding a NS again as well, and if i can get some money together i may get an SL sometime after christmas as well.

For bindings i picked up some union contact pro's, which feel pretty legit.

Edited by turd ferg

Guess im gear whoring hard this year. I sold my 168 K2 Gyrator and picked up a Burton Sherlock 160.

And nice Hugo, i've been wanting to ride something from NS for awhile now. Always hear good things.

They're soooo nice. The SL I had was the quickest thing edge-to-edge I'd ever been on. Totally solid, prefect flex, great edge hold. But I think it might've weighed 450 lbs.

good man! Denver what what

I ordered them direct, and the product manager/promotions dude/head muckety-muck called me twice just to shoot the shit and talk about the new features of the boards and stuff. Then he sent me a box of swag - hat, shirt, die-cuts, etc. That means a lot, especially when a lot of companies are like "Buy our shit and leave us the hell alone". Totally cool guy and company.

I had a 2005 NS evo, and even though i loved it, as you said it was pretty damn heavy. I went into EMS (gotta love the student discount) a few weeks ago and played around with this years evo, and its lighter than my rome artifact, and i nice mid-flex, so I bought it. Im pretty stoked on riding a NS again as well, and if i can get some money together i may get an SL sometime after christmas as well.

For bindings i picked up some union contact pro's, which feel pretty legit.

NS dude (Vince) said this year's mission was to get the weights down. My SL is MUCH lighter than the one I had - definitely lighter than the Rome I was on, too. I wanted to get the Evo as a jib board, but spending that much on something I'm just going to kick the shit out of seems silly. I sold a ton of stuff at the Buckman's sale, so I'll get a cheap Rome or Forum or something with my credit.

You are going to LOVE those Unions. Work great and are indestructible.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no clue what he means... But back to the topic at hand, I still need to pick up two new sets of bindings and another pair of pants... I am way behind and just like GSS keep procrastinating... I feel like I want a snowboard rack for the jeep too, but I never know where to begin with that one...