Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Roads are more dangerous when there is only a small amount of snow as evidenced by yesterday.

Coming home from Blue yesterday, I was following a nice, new Mustang.

Coming up on a stop sign, he hit the brakes and the black ice under the snow had him careening towards the sign.

He came to a stop a foot or so from the sign, then jammed on the gas to try to get out of the little ditch, amazingly he made it.

Nothing like AWD to go to Blue and back...

Flurries Just started outside my office window in Wilkes-Barre. Schools and some businesses have already been closed for hours in anticipation of this Winter Storm of death. One to Two inches projected for up here. All I'm hoping for tonight at Montage is quiet snow, not the normal earsplitting sound of scraping and cutting through ice.

• Like 1

Pretty nice start for the season so far, I can't recall any time in the past few years where we were talking about snowfall 3 times in about a week's span of time in December. Nice thing is the cold is holding up and drying out this snow. When we got the snow the other day it had a pretty high moisture content but by night fall it dried out and remained powdery.

• Like 3

Nice observation. Are you done skiing in PA?

Not done, but I decided not to bring any gear back since I knew I was heading back north next week. I might bring some gear back after the holidays and try to hit some local hills once everything opens up. I have no trips planned for this season other than VT, so a few day trips here and there isn't out of the question. Where'd that carpool organizer guy go? The adorable one in the brown onezie. TT C6! Just saw his name on the beer thread.

Edited by moe ghoul

No model is showing 12-18" for anywhere outside of Nova Scotia. GFS is saying maybe 6" and GFS has been coming in too wet, EURO is 4-8". 3-6" is a reasonable bet with some light mixing on the tail end Sunday morning. This will likely show up Friday night, build moisture until Sat morning and then snow lightly all day and night, with about 1/10th of an inch or less of sleet before it moves out.

Anything over 5" requires a ratio of 15/1 or 20/1, it's too warm and 20/1 is like diamond dust, it doesn't snow diamond dust in the Mid Atlantic. If you got a 15/1 ratio and the phasing from the beach maybe then you would have enough moisture for 12" but that is highly unlikely. I would love to rip 18" of cream cheese at the Blue with ARG's but that is highly unlikely.

Tuesday's storm is classic clipper Miller B, they don't bring much moisture and don't hang out at the beach long enough to gain much, it will swoop by dropping some inches in a very confined location, wrap around and oragraphic lift will help but that ain't us. Green Spine will probably be the spot.

Pattern is pretty good though, cold artic air from the AO with pretty good NAO blocking, if moisture comes it's probably going to snow.

• Like 1