Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Monk's Cafe on 16fth for some brews and mussels, cruise old city on foot. Barcade is a good time. last time I went to philly I wound up afternoon bar hopping through Fishtown and the surroundings. Fun to drink good beer and check out the wildlife (patrons). Kraftwerk, Johnny Brendas, Bottle Bar East, Strangeloves, Eulogy, all good spots. 

If you couldn't tell, I typically drink when I'm in Philly. 

• Like 1

mcglincheys is disgusting, but if you smoke, I guess it makes sense why you'd go there

It's awesome because it's the last dive bar downtown plus all the wait staff are on meth and generally harass you about pretty much anything. 

Apparently they just didn't have the food safety person there for inspection were issued a C&D and later reopened.....Flume up on 45th may actually be cooler but is kinda a haul.

Edited by Johnny Law

If you want something more laid back, there are several good bars along Fairmount Ave near the penitentiary that are good. All within walking distance of each other.  McCrossen's is a must visit ... a bit of a walk off of Fairmount, but good beer and GREAT wings.

Apparently they just didn't have the food safety person there for inspection were issued a C&D and later reopened.....Flume up on 45th may actually be cooler but is kinda a haul.

Hey JLaw, you might know since you seem to be the expert on everything, what's the deal with Farmer's Cabinet? Half the time I go to philly they are open, the other half they are closed due to some health code problem or liquor license violation. Are they open or closed right now? 

The owners of Farmer's Cabinet owned a couple other bars and they all closed due to various reasons..  I think that the owners finally got run out of town.  The Farmer's Cabinet situation was due to illegally modifying their liquor license.    

• Like 2

It's awesome because it's the last dive bar downtown plus all the wait staff are on meth and generally harass you about pretty much anything.

fiume is awesome, and a little bit disconcerting when you're walking through the weird Ethiopian restaurant/living room on the first floor.

Hey JLaw, you might know since you seem to be the expert on everything, what's the deal with Farmer's Cabinet? Half the time I go to philly they are open, the other half they are closed due to some health code problem or liquor license violation. Are they open or closed right now? 

Kragan nailed it, they were from upstate PA and were always weird. At one point they had four places two of which closed in the middle of the night, the one in Emmaus and Fork and Barrel. Then they opened Butcher and Brewer and they closed like a month later. Then LCB was gonna wack the wife for serving underage but found their liquor license had the date changed. Swartz I think their name is plead guilty in COCP and got a year probation. Later they found out his probation officer was bartending at Farmer's Cabinet. He goes silent for awhile and then pops back up when the state police and LCB catch him running two bars for somebody else and close those places.

Basically he's either retarded or up to something funny and he's on the LCB/State Police radar so if' he's even semi-resonable he'll go back to his hometown and lay low for awhile.

The owners of Farmer's Cabinet owned a couple other bars and they all closed due to various reasons..  I think that the owners finally got run out of town.  The Farmer's Cabinet situation was due to illegally modifying their liquor license.    

I think I was at McCrossen's a couple of times but regardless thanks for the recommendations I'll have to check them out. I love all types of bars except overly pretentious one's (unless someone else is paying) but dive types are getting harder to find downtown.

fiume is awesome, and a little bit disconcerting when you're walking through the weird Ethiopian restaurant/living room on the first floor.

A friend of mine that gave me legit recommendations for places I love like L'etage and whatnot was like go check this place out. Walk in a figure he's dicking with me but some worker person was just pointed upstairs. Really cool place, like a less hipsterish Monkey Bar (uptown not the new place in Old City) when that place was still around.

• Like 1

speaking of philly, here's a nice article about the school kill expressway wall, probably the best spot in the whole city.  no matter how many times the city cleans the wall, gane and texas come back to smash it:

http://www.phillyvoice.com/schuylkill-expressway-wall-is-a-philly-graffiti-battleground/

020216_Graffiti_Day2_Carroll.f22e5213.fi

The question I have always had is at some point in the future do an appreciable amount of humans find out who these people are ?

I've seen Texas's work forever, clearly that person or persons are talented and it's certainly art but like in 20 years will somebody be like Yo I'm Texas or does it often stay a mystery.....

They've collaborated with a bunch of different writers. Last time they did that wall they did it with an nyc writer named smells, then he took Texas and Gane to nyc and they hit some spots in Manhattan. I'm sure a select few in the graffiti world know who they are.  Here's them in Manhattan:

texas-gane-colt-roda.jpg

I fail to see the artistic value. The style used to write this stuff is unoriginal. I've seen graffitti that had an artistic quality to it, but this shit makes no sense to me.

David Choe is an amazing graffiti artist. He made major loot when in lieu of cash he took Facebook stock options for the artwork he did at Facebooks original headquarters and ended up cashing out like 100 million. He's been interviewed by Howard Stern, Barbara Walters and there are specials of him and his cousin Harry hitch hiking across the USA and China!!!post-512-0-10305800-1455316129_thumb.jpegpost-512-0-02109300-1455316168_thumb.jpegpost-512-0-26003000-1455316178_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

That might be graffiti, but not what you posted. I googled "David choe tag" and didn't see a single tag, but if he is actually out bombing illegally like you say he is, props to him

He tags all over the place. That whale is his tag. He makes it in about 15 seconds. If you are ever having a slow day watch his hitch hiking adventures on YouTube.

According to jlaw a lot of creepers go through wyomiesing looking for Taylor swift's parents house. Sounds like something me or toast might do smh

I do that when Amanda seyfried comes to Allentown. I know which house is her parents house. She knows who I am though cause my sister used to babysit her. Her last visit to stooges over the holidays I missed her by like 15 minutes...sad day for me.

She's still my favorite Mean Girl.

I do that when Amanda seyfried comes to Allentown. I know which house is her parents house. She knows who I am though cause my sister used to babysit her. Her last visit to stooges over the holidays I missed her by like 15 minutes...sad day for me.

She's still my favorite Mean Girl.

From her Wikipedia entry:

"Seyfried has a taxidermy collection which includes a baby horse, a fox, an owl, a moose, a goat, a hybrid taxidermy deer and butterflies."

You can take the girl out of the Lehigh Valley . . .

• Like 2