Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

listen up Karen........Im going for a little reverse psychology here.  Plus i would rather be surprised than disappointed.  

I have already deployed my shovels, but i think holding off on getting the snowblower out of the shed, moved to the garage, and started up, in hopes that will increase our chances for more snow.  

Don't you dare bring that blower out...

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I winter storm watch has been issued for the poconos for the potential of 5-8” of snow.  The latest forecast for the Lehigh valley shows rain mixing in keeping the totals down to an inch or two.  

wake me when its a warning

6 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

It’s snow so we got that going for us. Blue should be all snow. 👍

IMG_4655.jpeg

Fingers crossed…I’ve seen so so so many storms with this exact same setup and start as snow on the front end but then in literal minutes, the snow changes over to sleet from quakertown to Allentown to Blue…funny often camelback and JF/BB stays above the mixed precip.  

I might not sleep much Saturday night.  I like watching storms happen.  

@Airhead might not be a bad idea to be a rider of the storm Saturday night.  Years ago I skied the morning at blue on a Saturday went home and then went back for night skiing in a storm then came back again Sunday AM for the fresh cord. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

It’s snow so we got that going for us. Blue should be all snow. 👍

IMG_4655.jpeg

"Primarily heavy, wet snow"

Ngl that scares me. I remember a terrible day with @RidgeRacer where we had like 5" of straight concrete. 

All good if they grind it into the man made tho. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Benm said:

"Primarily heavy, wet snow"

Ngl that scares me. I remember a terrible day with @RidgeRacer where we had like 5" of straight concrete. 

All good if they grind it into the man made tho. 

Was your first big pow day @Blue where we poached coming soon then it opened 10 minutes later?  Amazing to think that run was open for weeks on all natural snow cause it kept snowing in 2021. That was top 3 pow day @Blue…best one was where it dumped all day and Toast did the chest mount video and everything was in play..and that’s back before they fucked up the marquee route with mountain bike paths.  Under the OG six pack on a pow day was incredible..not officially poaching cause no ropes ducked…..and various entrances woo let’s hope for a humdinger of a storm..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Was your first big pow day @Blue where we poached coming soon then it opened 10 minutes later?  Amazing to think that run was open for weeks on all natural snow cause it kept snowing in 2021. 

Yes was my first pow day ever and then we got another good dump a bit later. That was a good week (i think it was within a week)

Does this chest mount footage still exist?

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Helpful that it’s a nighttime storm. Back seat straight line FTW . 

Backseat skiing is not good in dense Pow..sierra cement..you want to be centered and balanced..wider stance.power through. You can’t power through in the backseat..straightline you can do at blue..if it’s somewhere steep you’re gonna crash and burn.  

47 minutes ago, Benm said:

Yes was my first pow day ever and then we got another good dump a bit later. That was a good week (i think it was within a week)

Does this chest mount footage still exist?

Early-ish feb 2014 i believe. I wanna say the 14th but i dont think it was valentines day. 2nd time i skied at Blue. Its in a TR. 

Edited by JFskiDan
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Backseat skiing is not good in dense Pow..sierra cement..you want to be centered and balanced..wider stance.power through. You can’t power through in the backseat..straightline you can do at blue..if it’s somewhere steep you’re gonna crash and burn.  

I would agree with that once it’s skied in a bit . But 6” of mashed potatoes I’ll be channeling Donny Pelitier . 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Early-ish feb 2014 i believe. I wanna say the 14th but i dont think it was valentines day. 2nd time i skied at Blue. Its in a TR. 

That February was probably my most memorable BC skiing. My niece and I skinned up from Weisport to Jim Thorpe and skied the rockslide. I had looked at that line for 15 years. My father in law lived across the river. Thanks for the flashback. 

IMG_4659.jpeg

IMG_4660.jpeg

IMG_4661.jpeg

IMG_4662.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow that’s a heck of a pack…and radical.  

My Niece was a total beast. The day before she called me and canceled, she cracked a vertebrae after landing a jump wrong at Blue. After the snow she called and uncancelled lol. I carried the water and food.  It was about 5 miles round trip. 

• Like 3