Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Thanksgiving openings at Blue were a fluke, but it is rare that places in PA aren't open on some level by the first full weekend if they aim for that. I know there are outliers, but I'm sure 8 out of the last 10 years there has been someone open by Dec. 7...

I'll compile the opening dates from the last ten years in a little bit. Definitely a few late openers and a few years ago after a vista opening they were closed until December 26th

In 2001 blue wasnt open until after XMAS. I skied hunter right before XMAS and two runs open

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, it's just that it's not as rare as you make it out to sound... That's all. But I would love to see the stats.

Blues openings by year.

14-15....11/22

13-14....11/29

12-13....Open 12/1 and 12/2 reopened 12/26

11-12....12/16

10-11....12/11

09-10....12/13

08-09....11/28

07-08....12/7

06-07....12/8

05-06....12/2

04-05....12/17

November openings....3

First week of December openings...3

Second week of December openings...3

Third week of December openings..2

The mean is around 12/6

I'll be snowboarding at BB again this year in November!

But no Blue in march...

I'm doing a week at whiteface in March.

Any pass more than 3 days used to also be able to be used at Gore. Long drive from WF depending on where your staying, but worth it if it's a little bit south...

12-13 should be thrown out as an outlier due to the gap, but other than that, the average opening day is about the 6th, which I would say is what I expect in PA. There will always be a random November day and a late December day, but on average, an early December is fair. While anything before January is a bonus day for you, I would argue that it is normal if not expected by a majority of the crew on here. I would say anything before December 6th is a bonus day and anything after December 6th is "seriously, wtf is with this weather?"