Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Just now, toast21602 said:

I think the cold dry air in place is going to keep moisture away a bit longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was getting all stoked this afternoon waiting for 5pm cause the news stations are upping their totals.  eastern pa brought be back down to earth a bit lol

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue rarely has issues with lift closures.  

Good to know. Last year CB's HSQs were packed and I demanded to know why the fixed-grips weren't running. They said "oh, it's too windy". But it wasn't too windy for the HSQ's? What a joke it was.

Just now, saltyant said:

Good to know. Last year CB's HSQs were packed and I demanded to know why the fixed-grips weren't running. They said "oh, it's too windy". But it wasn't too windy for the HSQ's? What a joke it was.

i had been under the impression fixed grip lifts were better in high wind than detachable lifts

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

i had been under the impression fixed grip lifts were better in high wind than detachable lifts

Yeah, I think they just constantly make up excuses for when things aren't going well, like having insufficient personnel, insufficient snowmaking, etc.

2 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

CB is famous for wind closures.  Blue, not so much.  HSDLs are good for 60mph+ crosswinds.

Fixed grips?  Decide for yourself:

Looks pretty stable. But still, I'll pass if there are 110 mph winds, even if my lift pass is non-refundable that day.

5 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

CB is famous for wind closures.  Blue, not so much.  HSDLs are good for 60mph+ crosswinds.

Fixed grips?  Decide for yourself:

That was likely a day where no singles were allowed on the sublette chair.  Last April at Loveland I was on one of the higher fixed grip triples by myself and winds were like 40+ mph and no safety bar and holding on for dear life as each gust lifted my 117 underfoot skis like a sail but the corn was so good on that part of the mountain I had to ride that lift 5-6 more times. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Looks pretty stable. But still, I'll pass if there are 110 mph winds, even if my lift pass is non-refundable that day.

Salty out of all the days I've skied Jackson hole I've received a refund once when the mountain shut down around 1015am..I did ski a couple runs and later on took the bus to snow king and bought a two hour ticket there and was able to ski almost all the way back to my hotel room 5 blocks away as the streets were packed powder. 

• Like 1

Models are all over the place from a low of 1.7" for Allentown up to around 5". Many models are putting around 8" for Philly and around a foot in places like Ben Dover DE and Brick NJ..this is gonna be a true nowcasting a 50'mile bump east and we get nothing and a 50 mile bump west and we could experience blizzard conditions.  

As you can see the storm is far away. 

IMG_2174.JPG

IMG_2175.JPG

• Like 1