Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Starting to see some leaves change over. 

674055F9-341F-4220-B8FB-A55A474330F4.jpeg

seems to be late this year, and i guess due to it still being pretty warm.  was hoping to manage some leaves in the poconos this weekend, but i think i have more leaves falling in Delco right now.  Cool looking colors, but i hate leaves.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Monkey push the rock is what I’m mostly thinking.  

Had a guy take off work during the week because he was getting his new lawn tractor delivered.  to me, that seems like something that could have been scheduled for a Saturday, but what the fuck do i know.  One guy told one of the managers today "you are lucky i'm here today.....i could have stayed home".  Coming from a guy who is circling the drain financially with no good way out.  His days are numbered.  

8 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Had a guy take off work during the week because he was getting his new lawn tractor delivered.  to me, that seems like something that could have been scheduled for a Saturday, but what the fuck do i know.  One guy told one of the managers today "you are lucky i'm here today.....i could have stayed home".  Coming from a guy who is circling the drain financially with no good way out.  His days are numbered.  

I don't know... I would take off for a mower delivery so I could cut right away with it. 

9 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Yeah, seems to be the way of the world today. Nobody wants to work. 

2% in VT. One of my biggest reservations about the pizza shop was getting good help. Current crew is dubious. Seven Days, a free newspaper out of Burlington (think City Paper in Philly if its still printed) had a front page about the shortage of workers in the F&B biz up here. I got bank approval for the money, but decided to hold off until the New Year. This is the slow time of year for them, why suck wind? Plus my offer is going to disappoint them since i have no interest in paying for good will. Philly house officially sold today, check's in the mail. :pimp:Hot tub and sauna are operational. Possibly snow in the higher elevations by Friday. Leaf peeping has about another 10 days left. Gained back some weight from late night pigging out on homemade apple pie and ice cream. And almond M&M's. Been eating them by the bushel. That's your up to date report from the Notch.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, moe ghoul said:

One of my biggest reservations about the pizza shop was getting good help. 

This would be tops for me as well, and probably Shadows would agree.  I am amazed at how many people feel that work, especially for seasonal work, isnt their biggest priority.  Like, bringing home a regular paycheck and paying bills isnt high on their list of things to do.  

• Like 2

On 9/25/2019 at 1:17 PM, JFskiDan said:

If you get annoyed by people using their vacation time you should rethink staff levels so a single person taking a random day off doesn't impact operations.  They've earned their vacation and they should be able to use it as they please.  Granted, I don't manage non-exempt service level positions, but the employer should always encourage vacation time.  It's good for moral and a happy employee is a good employee.  

I'd take off to play with my new tractor.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

If you get annoyed by people using their vacation time you should rethink staff levels so a single person taking a random day off doesn't impact operations.  They've earned their vacation and they should be able to use it as they please.  Granted, I don't manage non-exempt service level positions, but the employer should always encourage vacation time.  It's good for moral and a happy employee is a good employee.  

I'd take off to play with my new tractor.

Hell yeah! Look at these lines! 

9A41B88F-F01A-4AC6-BDC1-C4D1E4CFE423.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1