Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Long term forecast is looking colder.  Probably killington second weekend in November.  Maybe some snowmaking at big boulder soon. 

looks like a real change for the better by the weekend.  Heading in the right direction for sure.  

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

7 year anniversary of Sandy.  probably the most surreal experience of my life

I was in college at the time, had a friend who lived in the LBI area that stayed in my apartment since he couldn’t go home. It’s a sobering experience watching someone get a call from their parents basically saying their house doesn’t exist anymore. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Where were you living during Sandy?

smack dab in central brooklyn.  its crazy cause it was just a stormy weekend in my neighborhood, but drive 15 minutes in either direction and people lost literally everything.  my buddy lives in south brooklyn and it looked like a bomb went off in his neighborhood.  the craziest part was driving through lower manhattan at night during the blackout, amazing how freaky it was being in pitch black manhattan.  it was usually a 30 minute drive from my apartment to my job in manhattan, but took 6 hours during sandy due to public transportation being down.  i couldnt drive my car for weeks afterwards due to no gas...eventually waited in a 5.5 hour line for free gas

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I was in college at the time, had a friend who lived in the LBI area that stayed in my apartment since he couldn’t go home. It’s a sobering experience watching someone get a call from their parents basically saying their house doesn’t exist anymore. 

ya, it was crazy.  there are literally neighborhoods in Staten Island that do not exist anymore...Sandy wiped them right off the map

Maybe ride DE..oh for relevant people probably NMSki will go the distance. He bought his whole family snuggies over the summer on Overstock.com so he’s prepared. 

I’ve gotten soft in my “old” age. I remember 9 years ago when I had a roommate, we had a perfect October and didn’t have to use the AC or heat. My electric bill was only $50. Unfortunately, now that I’m married, roughing it isn’t quite as feasible to the “happy wife happy life” mantra. AC was on the entire summer and the heat/ac (thank you for that feature Nest) is on this time of year. AC cools it down from the warmer daytime temps, and heat keeps it warm enough at night whilst I sleep.
  • Like 1

The split units we got this past spring are great. I can keep the house thermostats on 64-66 and wifey can fire up the unit in the bedroom for 20 minutes to take the chill off before bedtime.

In weather news, it's raining..........pretty balmy the past 48 hours. Cold front should be pushing through tomorrow for freezing temps overnight.

• Like 1

It was like having Halloween in the summer. I sat on the porch last night and handed out candy wearing shorts and a t shirt. 

Best costume of the night: Rubik's Cube. Also I think I'm getting old because there are a decent number of costumes that I couldn't recognize at all. Pokemon? Gigapet? Transformer? Hard to say.