Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

10 minutes ago, eaf said:

Is it snowing/raining at the mountain this night? weather.com shows nothing at all, so I was kinda optimistic for tomorrow morning...

Correct, weather.com shows nothing but yet theres a winter storm advisory for freezing rain until 10 am.... hopefully when we wake up itll be doing nothing out and we'll make it to the True Mountain safe and sound 

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich have you given up on the “snow breeds snow” thinking yet?

buckle up for Tuesday. Doesnt look like tons of fun. 

We had three small snowfalls in the days following our big snowstorm but yeah gonna be everything but the kitchen sink and I see 40s a few days for high temperatures in Allentown with teens and low 20s a few nights so bad bye to the Rocky Mountain snow conditions but it was a nice stretch.  

12 hours ago, eaf said:

Lol, now I know what Salty faced at WF. Freezing fog. Two runs and I can’t see anything 🥶

Yeah, it sucks big time when it happens. Ive taken my goggles off but the wind/perder flakes irritate my eyes.

Enjoralas has Dakine gloves with built in squeegee and felt for wiping goggles. I need a pair asap. 

Edited by saltyant

41 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yeah, it sucks big time when it happens. Ive taken my goggles off but the wind/perder flakes irritate my eyes.

Enjoralas has Dakine gloves with built in squeegee and felt for wiping goggles. I need a pair asap. 

I thought, GSS was joking about heated goggles, but nope, they do exist. Go figure. And not that expensive.

• Thanks 1

So this little diddy that is moving through this evening and overnight looks to be mostly a misery maker more than anything else. Lots of freezing rain is anticipated, but luckily there will be a bit of a warm up tomorrow to hopefully melt some of it off of trees and roadways. 

417150158_ScreenShot2021-02-15at8_03_03AM.thumb.png.b9618d513e815f59269bbf6df6ac7498.png

What I'm interested in is this next system that is coming through on Thursday. Looks to be trending cooler to start so it could be producing more snow than expected. Since I work Thursday morning, it will likely be a nice little whopper.

1803444735_ScreenShot2021-02-15at8_03_27AM.thumb.png.c8db1239cdedbdb6d7a79fd48422ad1c.png

• Like 1