Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

I think cold weather is right around the corner boys... At least for New England... When will PA blow? Who knows?

I'm guessing maybe a little this week to train the new snow makers definitely the next at least a few days. I anticipate Camelback opening on the 10th.

Why do people say blow snow? Snowblowers are typically used to remove snow from pavement. Ski resorts make snow, it really pisses off snow makers when you ask them when they will blow snow icon_smile_poke.gif

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 1

because without the use of air its just a big shower head.

Of course but that's irrelevant. The snow makers, make snow. The snow guns make snow through a process of nucleation using a mixture of compressed air and pressurized water usually through special nozzles that aid in said nucleation process. They're not just "blowing" snow out of a container or using air to blow water out of a pipe that magically turns into snow. That pumps create the water pressure not the air. It's a process in which snow is created or made not blown.

Edited by DiMe

ive literally never "pissed off a snowmaker" by saying blow snow

I wasn't being to serious mostly joshing but when I used to be on a snow making team we would always reply to friends that "we don't blow shit, we make snow". I just think saying blow snow sounds silly when talking about snow making. Typically I blow snow out of my driveway and walkways using a snow blower.

Edited by DiMe

technically you're "blowing" pressurized air throughout the system...also the snow sort of "blows" out of the guns, it certainly doesn't fall

No technically your compressing air. You know the air and water are in separate pipe lines right? Some guns have their own compressors built in though and your only connecting the water, mostly fan guns.

whatever. no one in pa does either of these arguments.

they project snomax and/or drift through pipes.

Of course they do in PA, snomax just aids in the nucleation process increasing productivity at marginal temps. It just makes the process a bit more efficient. I'd be very surprised if western resorts don't ever use snowmax or similar type products especially during early season snow making. Of course it's just a waste of money to use said products at very low temps.

Edited by DiMe