2011/2012 day number 1

RidgeRacer

Fun day for under the wire october turns at Jackson Frosthole. Parked at the bottom of Short hill road and skinned for some turns, then went over to Split Rock (Waterpark area?) and booted up for a few runs. Good day to just be outside and absorb some winter stoke.

post-2366-0-94036400-1319998934_thumb.jpg

post-2366-0-49843200-1319998962_thumb.jpg

post-2366-0-34694300-1319998983_thumb.jpg

post-2366-0-83261300-1319999002_thumb.jpg

post-2366-0-96460500-1319999043_thumb.jpg

Edited by moeghoul
  • Like 1

Amazing stuff!!! Glad you got out there to get it. I was in the LV for a wedding and should have brought my stuff to get in some turns, but when I left, there was only 4-6 inches advertised and I didn't think it would be enough. Bad call as Bethlehem got close to 10-11 inches before it stopped...

Amazing stuff!!! Glad you got out there to get it. I was in the LV for a wedding and should have brought my stuff to get in some turns, but when I left, there was only 4-6 inches advertised and I didn't think it would be enough. Bad call as Bethlehem got close to 10-11 inches before it stopped...

WTF part of Bethlehem were you in??

Southside up on top of the mountain. I knew somebody would comment, but at like 6 PM there was a solid 9 inches when i measured. It was super wet (obviously) and packed down really quickly when it stopped. Plus the ground was fairly warm when it started so it melted from underneath too... I measured on a wooded surface, so I'm sure that helped protect from the melt underneath... It disappeared quick... I should have done a Steeze hourly update...

Edited by Ride Delaware ?

weird one to measure for sure - on the gorund we probably had around 6 in bethlehem but my patio seating walls had more like 8-9 on top. went down to check out my xc root and bagged it as coverege seemed skectchy anywherre from 2-6 and the sound of breaking branches like gunshots all round was pretty freaky

Went up to Killington. Shit was sick!

I think we need a trip report. There trying to stay open 7 days a week according to there facebook site. I was really considering heading up this weekend since I have nothing planned but the advanced only terrain is kinda detering me from doing so. How were the runs that were avaiable etc.