The official 2013 / 2014 Ski Season Thread

RidgeRacer

How is this list shit? How many of the above resorts have u been to?

It's not just about steeps and snowfall other things are involved like weather accessibility, resort amenities, children's programs and weather.

Thanks for the clarification. Been to 6 of them, skied five of them. How 'bout you tough guy? Been to Utah enough now to know that those resorts shouldn't be on the bottom of any list. Please enlighten me though.

Been to but didn't ski at doesn't count. I don't see Jackson Hole in 11-30 hmmm I wonder if its in the top ten. On that list I've been to Crested butte, Aspen, Aspen Highlands, Northstar and Big Sky. I'm guess Snowmass JH and Whistler black comb will all deservedly be top ten.

Jackson hole is number 1.

10 canyons

9 Snowmass

8 steamboat

7 telluride

6 whistler

5 park City

4 sun Valley

3 vail

2 deer Valley

1 Jackson

We dropped like a rock. Apparently last year's eighth produced our record skier visits and they got here and found one of the foggiest winters ever, so they all went home and voted.

I might even enjoy Presidents week this year. :-)

• Like 2

Winter storm warning for northwest Wyoming

Link or it didn't happen...

Looks like Loveland will fire up the guns sometime this week. A Basin should follow shortly. Temps still look too warm, but we keep getting closer.

Temps are trending on the seasonal averages in the Northeast. I saw the Old Farmer's Almanac, and when you compare it to the other months in the season, it says November is going to be cold and snowy. Just over a month away. Should be riding in 6 weeks tops.

• Like 1

^ Alot of indicators for a very cold winter, really cold generally means very little natural snow for PA.

All the oscillations have been negative for some time which is pretty strange and a powerful indicator of future weather generally.

But that means a greater chance of upslope in VT right?

BB by Halloween?

But that means a greater chance of upslope in VT right?

BB by Halloween?

Indeed, generally you'll see more daily 2-4" rather than giant bombs but it's more patterns than say a rule.

Summer was rather cool which also tends to indicate a colder than avg winter but who knows, weather is like gambling all your ever doing is playing the odds.

Indeed, generally you'll see more daily 2-4" rather than giant bombs but it's more patterns than say a rule.

Summer was rather cool which also tends to indicate a colder than avg winter but who knows, weather is like gambling all your ever doing is playing the odds.

Maybe I ended up picking the right year to switch to Sugarbush after all. It would definitely be cool to see all the VT mountains return to their average snowfall my first year there.

• Like 1

You should definitely get a frequent skier card at Stowe. Alot of times in upslope events Sugarbush will receive 4-6 inches and Stowe will receive 12"+...as a patroller U might get free skiing at Stowe.

Sometimes that is an option. I already have a discount card to Smuggs for this year, so that will be my change of pace resort for now. Maybe next year will be Stowe. The card discounts at Stowe didn't really add up to much, so that was another reason for Smuggs.