The official 2013 / 2014 Ski Season Thread

RidgeRacer

Sweet, can't beat that. The village is pretty cool especially right after the mountain closes and town is just a gondola ride away for a more local vibe.

If they have the snow for it and you don't mind hiking a bit check out the gold hill chutes.

I haven't been to Telluride since 2007 (before they added new terrain) so I'm excited to get back. My friend used to live in Telluride so will be nice to have a "local" calling the apres-ski shots. The town is awesome and the views are amazing. I'm sure we'll use the gondola extensively for transportation :)

Telluride is heaven on earth but that village is a monstrosity. It's almost always empty, the people that do have properties there don't live in CO let alone Telluride. It's a waste that turned perhaps the most beautiful place in the lower 48 into a wanna be.

Last time I was there two years ago it wasn't that bad. It definitely does clear out after the apres crowd heads in after like 6 or 7 though.

It is kind of weird to ride up the sunshine express lift and see a bunch of crazy expensive homes that all like 90% empty.

Midnight drunk gondola rides are a great way to end the night lol.

All summer waxes have been removed and re-waxed just waiting to be scraped.

HRJF's had some professional work done to fix a core shot. Gotta love drunk skis.

Mantra's have all new metal showing.

Bacon's just need snow better than wrod.

• Like 2

Smuggs dropped over a million in snowmaking improvements which was up and running for the season last year.

I like Smugglers Notch. Yeah the lifts may be slow but that gives you more elbow room on the trails, but it makes the lift line slower.

This fall I have been watching you tube videos of Jackson Hole, looks awsome. If I go I hope to get some pointers from PASR's.

I see some things don't change around here. Anyway, I skied 14 times in 2011, all at JFBB. I just sort of lost interest and hated going out when it was cold. I didn't even get a pass in 2012 and didn't ski at all. I just didn't feel like it and had other areas to put my money. This year, I might go out a few times. I don't know about a pass. I see that Montage has a morning lift ticket for $20, which is an excellent option for somebody like me. I'm surprised that more places don't go back to offering morning or half day tickets. I might hit JF, I do miss the place and employees. I just don't think I will get there enough to make buying a pass worth it. I guess it might come down to quantity vs quality. Nobody beats the snow quality and grooming at JF. I can't see myself doing more than 15 days, if that, though. 10 days at JF pays for that pass at $400. 10 days at Montage will only be $200, so I guess I have some thinking to do...lol . JFBB will always be my "home" though.

I see some things don't change around here. Anyway, I skied 14 times in 2011, all at JFBB. I just sort of lost interest and hated going out when it was cold. I didn't even get a pass in 2012 and didn't ski at all. I just didn't feel like it and had other areas to put my money. This year, I might go out a few times. I don't know about a pass. I see that Montage has a morning lift ticket for $20, which is an excellent option for somebody like me. I'm surprised that more places don't go back to offering morning or half day tickets. I might hit JF, I do miss the place and employees. I just don't think I will get there enough to make buying a pass worth it. I guess it might come down to quantity vs quality. Nobody beats the snow quality and grooming at JF. I can't see myself doing more than 15 days, if that, though. 10 days at JF pays for that pass at $400. 10 days at Montage will only be $200, so I guess I have some thinking to do...lol . JFBB will always be my "home" though.

That would be for a midweek pass, since I didn't go on any weekends in 2011.