Sunday 11/23 report...nice snow..warming up..day #2

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the upper lot at 7:28am and there were a few PASRs already in the house and a temperature in the mid 30s under mostly cloudy sky's. In the house today were Root, AngryHugo, Atomic Jeff, Toast, VtMark, TP4, Justo, MBike Mike, junior, Rose, Ryan, Matt, Matt, GahSkier George, slightly overweight MIlF and GSS groupie, her husband and the real kevinThomas.

First run at 8am wasn't as frantic as yesterday with less people. Grooming was nice early on and upper Main Street was uber smooth.lazy was also nice early on and with the warm temperatures the snow was softer than yesterday which meant no boilerplate at the final turn. The Chute still had some bite and I Hollywood'd down that with little short turns which pissed off the people behind me. I didn't ski a ton perhaps 10-11 runs by 10am then hungout in the parking late at least as long as I skied

Drank a few cold one with some PASRs and AngryHugo was busting some dance moves for the passing cars and even a car car that looked like a shoe that toast snapped a picture of. It felt a little surreal that after waiting 7 months to ski, I was right back out the next day..a great feeling.

Looks warm the next few days and then a potential snowstorm on Thanksgiving. See all y'all Black Friday and next weekend.

• Like 1

Just got back myself. Was there from about 10 till 1245. Relatively no lift lines, sunshine and springlike snow. Couldn't ask for any better. The park was pretty fun and no sticky rails which is a plus. Lazy mile wasn't too crowded and always fun to find some fun sh-t to get into on the sides.

Hopefully they don't lose too much snow over the next couple of days and they can back to blowing.

Great day.  Snow was much better than I expected.  Bumps were nice - really nice by late morning.  Even got a couple - literally 2 - turns in the trees off Lazy....

Great day.  

Here's to hoping the rain doesn't hurt a great base to badly...

Fuck sounds like it was really good.....wife's birthday last night and we must have gotten into peyote or something.

Woke up at unknown house missing shit....

You can't log it, if you can't find it. Check a few toilet tanks. Sounds like a night with Bill Cosby.

• Like 3

Today was exceptional.  Pulled into the lot at 7:20, so I made it there in an hour and 5 minutes. My previous record was 65 minutes.  #Winning.  

Booted up with the most Atomic of skiers, the most grilled steeze of sandwiches, and the toastiest of toasts.

The snow was tremendous from the get go.  It was like skiing on a pool table.  As the day went on, the mountain got a little chewed up, but that's standard.  Around 9:30, we ran down Lazy. The Real Kevin Thomas chopped me pretty hard, and I got a ton of snow over my goggles.   I cleared it, then hit the final turn.  Some monstrosity on skis then barreled into me and put me into the trees.  Fun times.

I then tried to take a cool down run on Main St, but I ate it right at the bottom.  Apparently went Tubby McTubberson sent me a-flyin', my left boot was completely unbuckled.  I never saw it under my shockingly high priced pants.  My dignity went away years ago anyway.  Off to parking lot beers.

We were out there for several hours.  We met GSS's friends, Matt and Matt.  Two solid dudes.  MB Mike hung out with his son, which was fun.  TP4 and VT Mark showed up, but GSS never introduced them because he's rude.  

Great day all around.  Hope to see you jerks next weekend.

• Like 8

They are losing snow rapidly...it's 68 degrees in Allentown and windy...but they have enough base to withstand the next two days of warm weather. Even with the new snow Wednesday I don't expect the base gone nearly as deep this next weekend as the past weekend but conditions should be good.