1/17/15..chilly..good snow..lots of PASRs

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from another session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at 7:32am and the temperature was in the high single digits with no real wind. In the house were Atomic Jeff, Ryan, Toast, Root, Ryan, Johnny Law, NMSki, MBike mike, Nastar Glenn, Justo, Rose, ZZSlope, GahSkier George, the realKevinThomas, Slim, Gary, Ty and many others.

I was maybe the third civilian six pack to start and first run down challenge was so so nice and I definitely was hooting day yee haw and heidy hoe like the XMAS poo from South Park. Second run on challenge he was almost as good..Switchback was nice the entire time and I skied it at least four times. New snow was blown on Dreamweaver and Lazy Mile and I think in the bumps. Main Street was nice as well. The lifts were working smoothly..liftline attendants doing their thang and no major liftlines at least till about 10:15am..but there were alot of people in the house and had to pay attention due to crowds in certain spots..the shuttle was rowdy.

Then back to the parking lot for some beers and the sun was pretty bright and the temperature was already in the high teens and low 20s. I tried some of Toasts beer which was good and drank some dirt wolf and Nectar NMSki brought..I believe we had an overabundance of beer which isn't a bad thing and when I went inside to use the facilities there was a long line for the Mens room but not many know that there are urinals around the corner. Haha I didn't for a couple years. Anyway was nice snow lots of PASRs and winterlike. See all y'all tomorrow!!!

Yeah man, great day at blue. Pretty much every trail I skied was in excellent shape. The glade on lazy was iffy & the bumps on nightmare were freshly seeded, and got icy. Having said that, the glade next to main was as good as I have ever seen it, and the bumps on main were at hero status, really nice. It got busy as the morning wore on but being a holiday weekend that is to be expected. One complaint, they have the cubby hole/room next to the water fountain in the valley lodge so full of furniture it is almost unusable. It was ok until they stuffed 2 long folding tables in there with the round tables, the benches and the storage bins???? See yer Monday.

A truly spectacular day at Blue.

The bumps on Main were filled almost to capacity with new snow which made them wonderful to ski the entire day.

Got the gumption up to give the tele-skiing a try.

I've got new respect for those guys and now I know just how bad a tele-skier I really am!

I'm sure mountain man Jake got a good kick out of me biting it numerous times on Paradise.

It was a new and definitely fun experience.

A truly spectacular day at Blue.

The bumps on Main were filled almost to capacity with new snow which made them wonderful to ski the entire day.

Got the gumption up to give the tele-skiing a try.

I've got new respect for those guys and now I know just how bad a tele-skier I really am!

I'm sure mountain man Jake got a good kick out of me biting it numerous times on Paradise.

It was a new and definitely fun experience.

You're a hippy now aren't you [emoji13]

A truly spectacular day at Blue.The bumps on Main were filled almost to capacity with new snow which made them wonderful to ski the entire day.Got the gumption up to give the tele-skiing a try.I've got new respect for those guys and now I know just how bad a tele-skier I really am!I'm sure mountain man Jake got a good kick out of me biting it numerous times on Paradise.It was a new and definitely fun experience.

Props to you on trying tele. That's something I've never wanted to do. Seems like a handicap.

Ride up was fine.

Snow is very nice and grippy and the place has a fair amount of traffic. Due to race.

After a few runs the rains have started and has been making visibility very difficult.

Right now 6-pack is running but empty, probably due to ice, but the quad is still running.

Ride up was fine.

Snow is very nice and grippy and the place has a fair amount of traffic. Due to race.

After a few runs the rains have started and has been making visibility very difficult.

Right now 6-pack is running but empty, probably due to ice, but the quad is still running.

You are hardcore. Staying till closing today??? I'll be up tomorrow AM to celebrate black people.

• Like 1