Everybody is seeing the light and the light is TS

Seems like alot of PASRs in the last few years have switched from other mountains to Blue mountain. JLaw switched from Bear creek to Blue...Phillycore, JFDan and Ridgeracer switched from JFBB to Blue and even TP4 and VTMark are blue passholders...anybody else. They've all seen the light and the light is blue.

Ehh I always wanted to be a blue pass holder. But because of the group buy back in the day I was getting free passes to BC. And Then I moved to Killy for a few years. When I moved back I dodnt have the cash to get a pass. This is my first season with a pass since I moved back from Killy. I knew aftet bummin it at K i couldn't go back to BC, hell blue still rides tiny but its the best we got so I'll take it.

it took me awhile to admit it, but blue is better than CB.  CB is still second best in PA, but after doing a trail by trail analysis for each mountain, blue wins out.  CB has 2 more black diamonds, but blue has them easily beat by vertical drop

I'd say it's;

Elk

Blue

CB

But I've never been to Montage or any western PA places other than 7 springs.

within 2 hrs. of me, Blue has by far the best terrain.

Just gets so crowded...

Blue probably did half the visits 8-10 years ago as now...just guessing...a double was replaced by a six pack...nightmare to Dreamweaver and glades were cut...mogul terrain was expanded...learning areas expanded...millions put into lodges and tents...parking lot expanded..name changed from blue mountain ski area to blue mountain ski resort along with new signs...big air bag, no more half pipe, summit lodge access road changed...ski patrol has become less strict and friendlier...and more and more people buying season passes. A skiing success story in a time when the market is flat due to changing demographics with baby boomers agin and giving up the sport while their children have less disposable income.

I believe 2010-2011 was the last season there was a half pipe at Blue and then the following season it became Central Park. They used to blast snow for the halfpipe for several days then hire an independent crew to built the pipe and they had a Zaugg halfpipe groomer. Unfortunately the halfpipe didn't get much use and it wasnt groomed enough so they got rid of it. Camelback actually used to have two halfpipes. A normal one and a mini one. Sno mountain had a super pipe one year. I also see the decline of halfpipes attributed to the decline of snowboarding and the expense and time to build and maintain.

Who or what is GW???

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Elk sucks only advanced intermediates think elk is hot shit

That's just not true... I think your real beef with elk is the slow lifts, arcane lodge, silly shuttle parking, and dickhead staff, at least mine is. Other than that it's a blast. Love Susquenhanna, tunkannok, Chippewa, and Kickapoo. It is what it is. If you like seeded bumps go to blue. If like real bumps go to elk.
  • Like 1

That's just not true... I think your real beef with elk is the slow lifts, arcane lodge, silly shuttle parking, and dickhead staff, at least mine is. Other than that it's a blast. Love Susquenhanna, tunkannok, Chippewa, and Kickapoo. It is what it is. If you like seeded bumps go to blue. If like real bumps go to elk.

hahaha I like slow lifts, shitty lodges and what not. Platty, MRG, Pow Mow, Suicide Six, etc I love those kind of places.

They have boring trails that are straight shots down the fall line, what would be their switchback ?

They sell elk as VT in PA which is hilarious but they certainly have the attitude as if they weren't another 1k vert hill in PA.

Advanced intermediates is their entire game, trail design certainly but there entire marketing is geared to that class. Hey it's just like VT only closer, our snow is way better not because of our slightly lower temps and the fact that we do 1/4 the numbers because were in bumblefuck Endless Mtn area but because we are so good at grooming.

That's horseshit, that's crap only advanced intermediates buy, then they tell there advanced intermediate friends and they all feel like they know the secret spot in PA.

Blue Knob is the best in PA, it's not even up for discussion. Bear has far more advanced grooming techniques but noobs don't jerk them off constantly so I guess that doesn't count.

I don't have any interest in bumps so maybe that makes a difference......also I'm an opinionated asshole if you haven't already noticed LOL

• Like 2

hahaha I like slow lifts, shitty lodges and what not. Platty, MRG, Pow Mow, Suicide Six, etc I love those kind of places.

They have boring trails that are straight shots down the fall line, what would be their switchback ?

They sell elk as VT in PA which is hilarious but they certainly have the attitude as if they weren't another 1k vert hill in PA.

Advanced intermediates is their entire game, trail design certainly but there entire marketing is geared to that class. Hey it's just like VT only closer, our snow is way better not because of our slightly lower temps and the fact that we do 1/4 the numbers because were in bumblefuck Endless Mtn area but because we are so good at grooming.

That's horseshit, that's crap only advanced intermediates buy, then they tell there advanced intermediate friends and they all feel like they know the secret spot in PA.

Blue Knob is the best in PA, it's not even up for discussion. Bear has far more advanced grooming techniques but noobs don't jerk them off constantly so I guess that doesn't count.

I don't have any interest in bumps so maybe that makes a difference......also I'm an opinionated asshole if you haven't already noticed LOL

Who cares how they sell it? I don't. All I know is that I enjoy elk and many far better skiers than me do, too. Im not trying to say you should like it but saying only "advanced-intermediates" or whatever is crap. I know a local mountain that conducts weekly off-site PSIA Level 3+ training at Elk.

Jack Frost closing Floyds (and by default all of East Mountain since Rivershot can't take the traffic by itself)  every weekend has me reconsidering getting a season pass next year.

I understand why they are doing it.  But at the same time, i cant believe the guy that came up with this idea is like, "yeah, this will work, nobody will really notice".  When they close challange at the same time?  its like skiing there on opening weekend.  The little 12' chute they kept open on Solitude was really just so funny as well.   

• Like 1