Already know where and when you're going west this season?

phillycore

Two pairs of skis with poles in a large heavy bag with two fleeces is like 49.5 pounds. They always say that when weighing it like wow you just got under the 50 pounds. No shit I weigh the bags before I leave. Last season on my two trips I paid no baggage fees. Flew united with atomic Jeff and no fees due to his status and flew southwest and no fees cause its southwest. Lugging a bunch of ski gear in airports is a pain. The most important thing is to keep boots as carryon. They lose your skis it's easy to rent a comparable pair. You lose boots have fun in rentals.

• Like 2

Two pairs of skis with poles in a large heavy bag with two fleeces is like 49.5 pounds. They always say that when weighing it like wow you just got under the 50 pounds. No shit I weigh the bags before I leave. Last season on my two trips I paid no baggage fees. Flew united with atomic Jeff and no fees due to his status and flew southwest and no fees cause its southwest. Lugging a bunch of ski gear in airports is a pain. The most important thing is to keep boots as carryon. They lose your skis it's easy to rent a comparable pair. You lose boots have fun in rentals.

i got screwed on boots before. Had them in my overhead carry-on bag and ended up having to gate check and my bag never made it on the plane. Never again do I let my boots out of my sight.
  • Like 1

Aspen...... ( I'd have a hard time spending the money it would cost for this, which is why it's not important to me....priorities)

Revelstoke (see Aspen)

Banff, Lake Louise, kicking horse....( I'd like to ski in Canada somewhere eventually )

I have zero interest in Aspen. But Revey and KH are on my short list once I figure out how to pay for it. Revey money being no option would be my number one choice in N. America. I suspect that for what I really want to do I need to do some real training, classes and invest big money in gear.

Tahoe.... ( It's probably the most beautiful place in the country that I've been.... to the point that Karen and I are considering getting married there. It's pretty sick when they get the goods....When, though... I have a good feeling this is their year....Zero science behind that, just a gut thing so it's not worth shit....)

So far my gut feeling is on point about Tahoe.....