Already know where and when you're going west this season?

phillycore

Apparently he can afford Taos skiing...

Well good for him haven't seen Shadows on the slopes in over 5 years!!!!

Im over skiing er day on blue ice. Id rather ski for a week somewhere else instead.

Ill throw on a group taos trip

I don't know who else is going to Taos besides NMSki with his family in late February.

Sounds like a mighty fine ski trip to me.

yup. scored a killer ski and stay package through utahstate.com and used some miles to take care of the plane tix. we're staying at a local hotel, but the rate includes all transport to and from airport, full b-fast, light dinner, and the lift tix are on the ski city super pass (which covers both cottonwood canyons).

yup. scored a killer ski and stay package through utahstate.com and used some miles to take care of the plane tix. we're staying at a local hotel, but the rate includes all transport to and from airport, full b-fast, light dinner, and the lift tix are on the ski city super pass (which covers both cottonwood canyons).

Nice just you and TinyMoose or are other people coming???

I've never heard of dinner include. Perhaps a home wood suites

18 inches overnight in Taos

Really though...

Do i need to start the planning for taos? I dont know shit about it, just googling and pickin hotels.

Snow mansion in arroyo seco or Kachina Lodge in town are the cheapest and not too scuzzy. You can catch the green chile shuttle or thumb it to the ski valley. If I didn't have my kids wife and mom with me id drive you all around. My buddy might be able to help with transportation.
  • Like 2

Wow, Alta and the Peruvian, it don't get much better then that. If I was not going to kirkwood I would be all over this. For folks that don't know, that price includes 3 square/day too.

Indiggio, if tahoe dates don't work for you and you want to get E out, this is the deal!

Wow, Alta and the Peruvian, it don't get much better then that. If I was not going to kirkwood I would be all over this. For folks that don't know, that price includes 3 square/day too.

Indiggio, if tahoe dates don't work for you and you want to get E out, this is the deal!

Is that per person??? Wow twin beds. Haven't slept in one of those since the last time I spent a night in the Muhlenberg college dorms.

^^^ lodging and meals only. I think shuttle to/from airport. Not bad if you back out cost of a car rental and being basically on the mountain.

Airport shuttle not included....

Shuttle to the base area from the Peruvian.

Lift tix also not included...

So basically $150 pp pn based on double occupancy for the hotel stay...twin beds or snuggling up on a queen (this really only applies to Doug, unless someone is bringing their girlfriend or spouse) and three meals per day.

Factor in that you'd have to go back to the Peruvian for lunch as well.

Not bad deal, but nothing stellar either..

I'm out.....sticking with current plans.

Yes, I saw it too. Decisions, decisions...

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm strongly considering going out west for the first time this March. My thoughts right now are to go to Utah. Probably fly into SLC and rent a car. What would you guys suggest in terms of which mountain to go to from there?

So I'm strongly considering going out west for the first time this March. My thoughts right now are to go to Utah. Probably fly into SLC and rent a car. What would you guys suggest in terms of which mountain to go to from there?

So many choices. Either of the cottonwoods or head in to PC area.

• Like 1

Yikes.  thats like asking GSS who has the best nachos and krumpets.  

Heres my worthless 2 cents.  Snowbird is big, and its where everyone seems to go on a powder day.  why we keep going back there is beyond me.  Alta is cool, but after 2 times there, its going down a little on my list every year.  oh, yeah, You wont be able to go there so that statement is kind of moot.  I really enjoyed Solitude.  its really high on my list.  Lifts are laid out weird, but i think they day we skied there, it was just a handful of other people.  I thought Snowbasin was pretty cool, we didnt hit that with the best conditions, but i would go back there.  I dont know if getting the powder mountain experience would be worth it for you.  Some guidance there will go a long way, and on a board it might not be the best possible day you could have in Utah.  I want to go to Brighton, and the Canyons to knock those off my list.  PC and Deer Valley are ehh to me, not ever being there, maybe not my cup of tea, and one of those you cant go to it think.  

Where ever you go, i'm not sure you can go wrong.  Probably locating yourself in southern Utah and skiing the cottonwoods would be your best bet.  

• Like 2

So after the advice of you guys and poking around a bit I'm leaning towards Snowbird. It seems like a pretty solid mountain and a nice bonus is that it's really close to SLC meaning I could realistically stay in town and just drive to the mountain in the morning which I'm assuming would be more fun than staying there? I don't know much about the area but I'm guessing I'll find more apres ski fun in town and cheaper lodging too. 

• Like 2