Zee Lights

skifreak

They often get better production on lower Main Street than up near the peak due to inversions. They've got snowmaking cannons on both sides of the piste. Ride DE has inside information on when snowmaking begins at Blue from the webcam. I'm getting excited now

As Johnny law would say I'm halfway to midnight.

Got a decent clip of snow that came through last night. About 1.5" at my house and always more up at elevation at Blue. GSSucks and I decided to earn some turns before work, so we went to the place that always gets crushed with snow.

Widow Maker.

I don't think I need to type a report - pictures will do it justice.

9dfa71ea9e9f600d7cddf8da354e7e4c.jpg

9d42cf6d53194daf8fe03a149c0a73db.jpg

a95c91895531b9cf2d84b45c82c47b70.jpg

0ea53e485b72de1fe30b19eb810cf651.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

At the latest if the forecast holds. I wouldn't be surprised if they open midweek...they've done it in the past before last year they opened on a Monday. Whichever day they open I'm taking off work. I'd come in late but want those parking lot beers.

Weekday openings at blue are great cause the race team isn't out and while still a shitshow its not as wild. Opening day last year I ended up having parking lot beers then skied another session with VTMark then had lunch at slope side with Mark accompanied by a double Jack and Coke which was around $11 which isn't really that crazy as its $8-$10 at neighborhood bars the. Skied a few more runs and midway was rowdy...gotta ski the fattest skis possible opening day at blue cause of the push piles. Indiggio knows that riding the Main Street chair means a great view of the beginners going down midway and eating shit.

$11? That's actually a really good price. Paid $8 for one Friday night at dinner at the local watering hole. Surprised it's that low at a "resort".

I might be foreshadowing a bit but if the forecast temperatures hold Blue mountain the true mountain will be announcing an opening in about a week...been a long offseason but the second I boot up will be like it was yesterday. Also just booked Jackson hole for 1/24-2/1 and they are getting dumped on with more to come...stoke market is rising.

• Like 2