Mountain Creek

enjoralas

That's where my dad learned to ski when it was called Vernon Valley/Great Gorge. They had a playboy club there as well.

I've never been, but I've always wanted to knock snowboarding in New Jersey off my list...

New Jersey isn't just a state it's a state of mind.

This is pretty great and accurate. Sorry you're gonna have to blow it up.post-512-0-19876000-1481074408_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Great news. Have you ever been there??

No, I've never been there. I'm interested in trying out every nearby area at least once though.

Just figured I'd add a data point. Was looking at deal sites trying to scope out lift deals and saw one for there and got me intrigued about where they were at.

• Like 1

Not a real fan of Mountain Creek. Of the two main peaks one is all park and the other is only served TTB by the Cabriolet lift which I consider the worst of three worlds in terms of lifts. You have to take off your skis to ride it like a gondola, but it is open air so you get cold and you have to stand the whole way up like a tram. About the only way they could make it worse would to be to make you hold on to the rope that pulls the thing up yourself.

There is one good steep run off the middle peak, but it is served by a slow lift and is one of the last things they open.

And the clientele is young, mostly boarders, mostly New Yorkers and, adding that all up, about as rude as you woukd expect.

But I used to live 45 minutes away so I have been there a lot. Though even then I sometime opted for the much smaller place that was virtually in its shadow - Hidden Valley (no longer operating) - which while smaller was cheaper, empty, nice people, normal chair lift.

If you are a boarder who loves doing park you may well love Mtn Crk. But for me, now that it is no longer half the distance of the closest other options, I am unlikely to go back very often. Have not been for at least 5 years.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

No, I've never been there. I'm interested in trying out every nearby area at least once though.

Just figured I'd add a data point. Was looking at deal sites trying to scope out lift deals and saw one for there and got me intrigued about where they were at.

If you have access to Plum Benefits you can find a discount there

0a40c11c4d048d2dde274764f8fcb213.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's where my dad learned to ski when it was called Vernon Valley/Great Gorge. They had a playboy club there as well.

New Jersey isn't just a state it's a state of mind.

This is pretty great and accurate. Sorry you're gonna have to blow it up.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

. I just saw this. Too funny. I have family in NJ. I will have to send this to them.
  • Like 1

Most years they sell a $99 card good for any three days.

They have one for $109 this year. Good deal, but I won't make it there 3 times. Probably not more than once.

Looks like their website sells tickets like liftopia. Can be cheap if you know in advance what day you want to go and are sure about it. For giggles I picked the last Saturday in Jan (didn't buy) and it was $30.