Ski Season 17 - 18 thread

RidgeRacer

What's wrong with MC

Nothing if you like park, they converted half of it to park and it's a lot bigger than Boulder, so for that it is the estimate place in the srea.

It's probably the most crowded place to ski in the are because it is 45 minutes from the GWB

There is only one steep trail there, and it is on the middle mountain who's is the one open the least often.

On the main non park Mtn the only TTB lift is the "worst of both worlds" Cabriolet. You have to take your skis off to ride, you stand the whole way and it's not enclosed.

It's so annoying that what I live 40 minutes away, I often would go to the much smaller Hidden Valley (no longer open to the public but it is used for seasonal ski racing clinics for kids) half a mile away in preference to MC. Have not been back once since I moved further away.

WNEP not a bad deal since my kids like Shawnee still. If I can't get enough PS&R cards I may consider if they are still available at that point. Woukd like to go back to WF especially as I have a friend up there now.

Shawnee is great.  Let's have a PASR week-day there this year.

The converted Delaware to a park! The one trail that had nice curves and snow, not overcrowded, and fun to ride, is now gone! And the Bushkill trail where the park used to be, and which they now proclaim to be "great for top to bottom carving and cruising" is served by a single slow double chair lift!

The converted Delaware to a park! The one trail that had nice curves and snow, not overcrowded, and fun to ride, is now gone! And the Bushkill trail where the park used to be, and which they now proclaim to be "great for top to bottom carving and cruising" is served by a single slow double chair lift!

can still ski it.

Does Shawnee have anything good like razors or switchback.

I never went cause it's 700 vert

No. Nothing like those two. Nothing like main street, NMDW, Burma or Paradise either. There's some pitch toward the bottom for a few turns (thunder cloud, Tecumseh etc) but it's short lived. Delaware and lower Pennsylvania trails are like mini Paradises. Tomahawk and Arrowhead top to bottom are probably the best runs. If you like winding turny shit, you won't find much of it at Jawnee. Blues trails are more uniquely cut IMO. Funny cause an Olympic skier (Jean Claude Killy) designed the trail layout at Jawnee. Honestly it's perfect for beginners and people who want to get into the sport. Nothing wrong with that either. If I were running a group of newbies I'd probably go to Shawnee over Blue in a heartbeat for that reason. For idiots like us it's a different story.
  • Like 2

WNEP card is out. I'm tempted to grab one

Whiteface Mountain – Lake Placid, NY

Ski Big Bear – Pennsylvania

Jack Frost / Big Boulder – Pennsylvania

Mountain Creek – New Jersey

Shawnee Mountain – Pennsylvania

Ski Sawmill – Pennsylvania

Swain Mountain – New York

I bought one. Mainly because Whiteface is included (used to be Gore). Whiteface tickets alone are $94 walkup. I'll likely use it at Jack Frost, Shawnee, and Big Bear as well. Less than $25/ticket. They used to include two JF/BB tickets that you could use at either. Now I think it is only one ticket you can use at either.

• Like 1