Trivia Tuesday

enjoralas

On 2/28/2018 at 7:46 PM, JFskiDan said:

If you had a first gen camaro, then me and you just became internet friends. 

Most of my childhood was in black and white. Color tv came into my house when i was about 8 or 9.  We had a rotary telephone until i was 18. Elgin 6. 

No 8 tracks for me. 

My best friend had the Camaro.  396, 4 speed, red / black, SS, houndstooth interior.  So sorry he sold it to his cousin who totaled it in two weeks...

I had an MGB.  Later traded it for a second generation Z28.  Sold it to my cousin, when I got married, she wrecked it two weeks later....

• Like 1

Ok here's some more trivia.

I remember watching Alan Shepards' first flight into space on a small B&W tv set up on the stage in grade school.  All grades 1 - 6 watching.  I think I was in 5th grade and 11 years old.

The whole space race was incredible to me.

When JFK was assassinated I was in a 10th grade POD (problems of democracy) class when it was announced over the school loud speaker system. I also saw Jack Ruby assassinate Lee Harvey Oswald on live TV when we returned from church that Sunday.

I could go on....  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rummy said:

Ok here's some more trivia.

I remember watching Alan Shepards' first flight into space on a small B&W tv set up on the stage in grade school.  All grades 1 - 6 watching.  I think I was in 5th grade and 11 years old.

The whole space race was incredible to me.

When JFK was assassinated I was in a 10th grade POD (problems of democracy) class when it was announced over the school loud speaker system. I also saw Jack Ruby assassinate Lee Harvey Oswald on live TV when we returned from church that Sunday.

I could go on....  

If you graduated in 1968 wouldn't you have been in 8th grade when JFK was shot?

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you graduated in 1968 wouldn't you have been in 8th grade when JFK was shot?

Yes you're probably right. I remember being in our HS which was grades 7 - 12.  Remember I'm a forgetful old phart...

• Haha 1

My best friend had the Camaro.  396, 4 speed, red / black, SS, houndstooth interior.  So sorry he sold it to his cousin who totaled it in two weeks...
I had an MGB.  Later traded it for a second generation Z28.  Sold it to my cousin, when I got married, she wrecked it two weeks later....

My dad has a ‘78 MG. Fun little car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Final trivia Tuesday of the season. Getting of to a  late start.  I  think they are hoping more teams show up because there's like nobody here. Ran late myself but it didn't matter.  Pops running late so might be on my own for round 1. 

If the final trivia question happens to be  - “how fucked up is the quad”?

I think the answer would be “very”.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, antman12 said:

Your wife sounds hilarious.

70 minutes to blue is less then ideal.

HTFU I do a 70-80 minuets ride to blue a few times a week. 70 miles is easy, especially in a Volvo with a turbo. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

If the final trivia question happens to be  - “how fucked up is the quad”?

I think the answer would be “very”.  

Anyone have the picture of the tangle?  I know Tele-Matt does but he didn’t want to share. 

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

What was the tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 different ones. An entire round of Name That Tune. 

“Temporary Home” by Carrie Underwood, “Home Sweet Home” by Motley Crue, one other one I forget where I got the song right but didn’t know the artist, and the other 3 still couldn’t even tell you. 

Was tied for the lead going in and lost by 2 points. At .5 point each for artist/title those 3.5 points were the difference

• 11 months later...
31 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Sigh. I had hoped they had reconsidered Name That Tune.

Also the last round was a speed round. Single question for which the answer is a number. Closest without going over got 3 points, then 2, then 1. Speed breaks ties.

This is stupid.

Is the food and beer at least good?