Hey Salty..

9 hours ago, enjoralas said:

Sucks you won't make it. If anything changes, post up, I read throughout the day. We usually stay at Camel much longer since we paid a premium and only spend three visits.

We'll probably start as usual at the main lodge and take the sullivan, usually start with something mellow. Maybe Marc Antony to Homeymoon, and back up for a king tut run, one more time up and do Marc Antony all the way down to the Stevenson. Hit Nile Mile and then see how we're feeling, Maybe back over and do the blacks and Big pocono. One they open the Raceway triple we'll do a half dozen or more laps on Pocono Raceway/ Rhodo. I like to spend some time in there, they're nice and wide and with enough pitch that I feel like I can get some good practice on form and turns. It really sucks when they don't run the triple, it makes a pain to accomplish that.

Did they set up the self timed gates this year?

I thought the self timed gates were only for the race team. They're usually doing some type of race event on Pocono Raceway.

I often make laps on Pocono Raceway/Rhod Glen using the Stevenson Lift. It's not too bad if you get enough momentum to make it back to Stevenson. They have been running Pocono Raceway lift a lot this year, it usually starts around 9 I think.

Edited by saltyant

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty any report from Camelback yesterday??  Why no skiing for you today. 

Got chores to do today around the house. The benefits of being a homeowner.

Yesterday was the worst day of skiing I had this season. Left after only 2.5 hours, my shortest session ever, because I just wasn't into it and was skiing so horribly. So I'm likely taking a break from it until I go to Stowe next week.

41 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Got chores to do today around the house. The benefits of being a homeowner.

Yesterday was the worst day of skiing I had this season. Left after only 2.5 hours, my shortest session ever, because I just wasn't into it and was skiing so horribly. So I'm likely taking a break from it until I go to Stowe next week.

Wow I figured you lived in your moms basement. Way to get after it!!!  Save the chores for after skiing SaltyWiener

2 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Snow is great today and no crowds yet. Longest wait so far about 4-5 chairs. Getting a little busier. Just skied onto the Marc Antony double tho. Gonna hit a run then join Pops for a quick break. He fell on Rocket and burned a lot f energy recovering.

Just checked the webcam, the place is a ghost town. What's up with that? I thought it would be a zoo today.

Marc Antony double should have zero lines all day. It was something else last week when the Sullivan broke down and there was a long line there... a rare sight.

Just now, saltyant said:

Just checked the webcam, the place is a ghost town. What's up with that? I thought it would be a zoo today.

Marc Antony double should have zero lines all day. It was something else last week when the Sullivan broke down and there was a long line there... a rare sight.

It rained early this morning in PA that's what's up. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

How long ago did you buy?  

I've been a homeowner for a few years now. It sucks when stuff breaks and I have to pay money, and sometimes I'd rather live in a studio apartment, or even in a hotel room. But I couldn't deal with living that close to people all the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I've been a homeowner for a few years now. It sucks when stuff breaks and I have to pay money, and sometimes I'd rather live in a studio apartment, or even in a hotel room. But I couldn't deal with living that close to people all the time.

Matt Edge wants to know if you have a karaoke machine. 

49 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I've just received official notice that Matt Edge, jfskidan, Mbike, NMSKI, Root, and RidgeRacer dont care about my stats, whether I quit this site, or about my karaoke machine.

Fixed it for you. 

Edited by RootDKJ
Edited to include myself in jfdan’s FIFY
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, saltyant said:

I've been a homeowner for a few years now. It sucks when stuff breaks and I have to pay money, a

I love being a renter. We may be the dirtbags of the real estate world, but I never shovel snow, rake leaves, or mow the lawn. When stuff breaks it gets fixed, and if I want to explode  my professional life in PA and then move outside the blast zone, I have total freedom as soon as my lease is up!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, saltyant said:

Thanks, but you definitely missed toast. I would bet money that he cares the least.

Don't quit the site, that's dumb. You obviously enjoy posting and your trip reports are fun. 

You should copy and save this sentence, though: "Thank you for taking the time to give me sound and thoughtful  advice. I will give it serious consideration."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

I love being a renter. We may be the dirtbags of the real estate world, but I never shovel snow, rake leaves, or mow the lawn. When stuff breaks it gets fixed, and if I want to explode  my professional life in PA and then move outside the blast zone, I have total freedom as soon as my lease is up!

I spent 13 years living in various one bedroom apartments in the west end of Allentown and Whitehall.  4 months ago I made the move to hotel living and its amazing.  I'm not handy, hated mowing the lawn as a kid, can put all my non skiing/golf possessions in two suitcases and my only monthly bill is my credit card bill.  I've always preferred spending money on travel, eating out, bars and fun than stuff. My old apartment had a bed and a couch and chest of drawers...most of my friends have 3 bedroom homes with dining room tables and placemats and decorations and stuff on their walls and multiple TV sets. I don't like TV...but I freaking love the internet.  People say renting is a waste of money but I feel like you are paying for somewhere to live. Maintaining a house is a part time job and unless you have the money to hire somebody to do all the household chores you are cutting into your leisure time.  Less is more!!!

46 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Don't quit the site, that's dumb. You obviously enjoy posting and your trip reports are fun. 

You should copy and save this sentence, though: "Thank you for taking the time to give me sound and thoughtful  advice. I will give it serious consideration."

I agree I like saltys posts..remember we're all skiers..that's what brought us all together in the first place.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I agree I like saltys posts..remember we're all skiers..that's what brought us all together in the first place.  

Thanks Sally and Steeze. Never actually said anything about quitting the site. All I said was that if I quit skiing right now no one would ever catch up to my stats because I'm so far ahead, and then all the haters started attacking because they're jealous that I made 700 runs on Honeymoon.

Edited by saltyant