Skison 18/19

moe ghoul

Even with the state of insane snow pack and avalanche warnings yesterday, a private company decided it was a good idea to operate their snow cat on Jones Pass.  Operator got buried and died.  So avoidable.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Barb said:

Even with the state of insane snow pack and avalanche warnings yesterday, a private company decided it was a good idea to operate their snow cat on Jones Pass.  Operator got buried and died.  So avoidable.

Wow well some have more balls than brains. Population control..keeps me busy at work. 

1 hour ago, Barb said:

that the place that does dog tours? kept theyre dogs outside/unattended forever and they all died?

nevermind its not

Edited by Shadows

• 2 weeks later...

Went back to RMNP today. Sorry no pics. Temps were warm, snow was garbage. It snowed Fri night so I though it may still be decent. Hidden Valley is such a popular area, however, and it was all scraped off ice.  We did some practice in the beacon park, so nice that they have this!  I really hate my probe. Not only is it ridiculously long, but to keep it extended properly there is a top screw that is kind of tricky to engage. I feel like if I was panicked trying to get it extended thst would take valuable seconds. It also doesn’t have measurements in the side. 

On a positive note, I remembered to have my boots in walk mode this time for the skin up, so felt s little easier. Overall still a nice day to be outside with good company. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barb said:

Went back to RMNP today. Sorry no pics. Temps were warm, snow was garbage. It snowed Fri night so I though it may still be decent. Hidden Valley is such a popular area, however, and it was all scraped off ice.  We did some practice in the beacon park, so nice that they have this!  I really hate my probe. Not only is it ridiculously long, but to keep it extended properly there is a top screw that is kind of tricky to engage. I feel like if I was panicked trying to get it extended thst would take valuable seconds. It also doesn’t have measurements in the side. 

On a positive note, I remembered to have my boots in walk mode this time for the skin up, so felt s little easier. Overall still a nice day to be outside with good company. 

Get a new probe that fits in your pack.  I’m sure you can find uses for the extra long probe 

• Haha 1

On 4/8/2019 at 3:49 PM, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

What's left that is day trippable?

Belleayre is tentatively re-opening next weekend

Is Big Boulder still considering it?

Anything else?

Boulder said Sunday was the last day. Wouldn’t put it past them to do a “surprise” opening Saturday.