Skison 18/19

moe ghoul

17 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:
I’m excited to ski the new trail at Blue..it’s called Coming Soon!!!

Is coming soon coming in '18 / '19?

Someone on their Facebook page said it will be open but with no snowmaking.  They need to put a couple portable snowmaking cannons on that run.  

41 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Someone on their Facebook page said it will be open but with no snowmaking.  They need to put a couple portable snowmaking cannons on that run.  

Agreed. If that is true, I’d bet that is their plan. I’ll believe it when I see it.

if it was a trail for the racers it would have been open 3 years ago. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Schif said:

Shopping around for ski boots. Might hit up Salters on Saturday to poke around. 

Poke around, try on as many boots from different manufacturers as possible. Its likely that some manufacturers boots just wont fit you.  My feet are super fucked up to start with, but i know that salomons, and dalbellos are both a no go for me.   The tent sales in the fall are really pretty good.  The one at Blue has alot of stuff, and they do have people there that would help you get "somewhat fitted" into boots.  If you go, go early first day, and make sure your phone is charged so you can do lots of interneting while standing in a huge line to get checked out.  

• Like 1

Nice n chilly in the Notch tonite, mid to low fiddies. Cranked up a yoooge pit fire and burned some old kitchen cabinets and rotted deck wood. Stacked firewood in the garage. Got 2 more trailer loads to pick up tomorrow for the full cord. Summer is officially over AFAIAC. Might stay up here for 1st frost before heading back for a brief stint in flatland, PA.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, moe ghoul said:

Nice n chilly in the Notch tonite, mid to low fiddies. Cranked up a yoooge pit fire and burned some old kitchen cabinets and rotted deck wood. Stacked firewood in the garage. Got 2 more trailer loads to pick up tomorrow for the full cord. Summer is officially over AFAIAC. Might stay up here for 1st frost before heading back for a brief stint in flatland, PA.

Reminds me of the book, Flatland.