Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AtomicSkier

Blue Mountain land ownership

Recommended Posts

My lack of interest in a vaca property at a place I can drive to in 90 min with so so skiing and no interesting activities most of the year has nothing to do with price - though now that you mention it, I expect they are asking a lot more than it would cost for a place in the Skills or SVt.

If I bought a vaca property, I would want one that would enable me to enjoy higher quality activities than are available to me as convenient day trips from where I already own property.

 

Same reason I would never consider getting a place at the Jersey shore - which is 45 min from my house. 

 

I already own property sufficiently close to both.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure that is up to the bride and groom, but it would have to be a pretty good paycheck to motivate the band to make a three hour round trip. 

 

We are doing a gig an hour away for $1200 though, so don't rule us out if you have the budget.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Pretty sure that is up to the bride and groom, but it would have to be a pretty good paycheck to motivate the band to make a three hour round trip. 

 

We are doing a gig an hour away for $1200 though, so don't rule us out if you have the budget.

I think most wedding bands are about $1,000 per person..if I got married and had a band I’d just want Ski2Live and the tall brunette..or could probably just hire Matt Edge to DJ for about tree fiddy

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think most wedding bands are about $1,000 per person..if I got married and had a band I’d just want Ski2Live and the tall brunette..or could probably just hire Matt Edge to DJ for about tree fiddy

Yep we are a pretty good deal, but $1200 isnt for a whole wedding - they are asking for a 45 min to 1 hr set at a charity function. Expect we will give them the full hour, as once all set up we like to play.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yep we are a pretty good deal, but $1200 isnt for a whole wedding - they are asking for a 45 min to 1 hr set at a charity function. Expect we will give them the full hour, as once all set up we like to play.

 

It's a charity function. Emphasis on the word charity.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see there books so who knows but my best guess is she's leveraged out at like 75% of max revenue. You can see it in some of the things they do, gotta make those bank payments.  If you can't lend anymore money you can't build condos or a hotel or whatever and while you can get a quick injection of cash your also increasing risk and daily costs. They are proceeding with caution when it comes to any thing grandiose which is a smart play, they put there money were it most counts, snowmaking.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Whats the status on the gas pipeline?  i heard from 2 sources that has a play in this whole plan.  

For sure.  It was part of their waterpark plan to build a NG power generation facility on site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

I don't see there books so who knows but my best guess is she's leveraged out at like 75% of max revenue. You can see it in some of the things they do, gotta make those bank payments.  If you can't lend anymore money you can't build condos or a hotel or whatever and while you can get a quick injection of cash your also increasing risk and daily costs. They are proceeding with caution when it comes to any thing grandiose which is a smart play, they put there money were it most counts, snowmaking.

Wow so you think blues outstanding debt equals 75% of its annual revenue?  That’s insane.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 1:39 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What about all the people with second homes at camelback and Jack Frost/BB...anyway a hotel is needed.  Who would want to have a wedding somewhere without accommodations.  Crazy. 

Yes a hotel would definitely be the way to go. The hotel at Bear was booked solid every weekend during the winter and for weddings. There really isn’t anywhere to stay around Blue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes a hotel would definitely be the way to go. The hotel at Bear was booked solid every weekend during the winter and for weddings. There really isn’t anywhere to stay around Blue 

Although, it’s only a 20 minute drive to hotels on 145 and people drive a lot further than that for wedding receptions down here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:


Although, it’s only a 20 minute drive to hotels on 145 and people drive a lot further than that for wedding receptions down here...

We aren’t in slower lower Delaware.  A lot of weddings do have a bus that goes from the reception to the hotel my sisters did and multiple people puked in it.  The deposit went up in smoke like dust in the wind. 

 

Can stay at the ramada inn in Whitehall.  The hookers might be cheaper than the room. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We aren’t in slower lower Delaware.  A lot of weddings do have a bus that goes from the reception to the hotel my sisters did and multiple people puked in it.  The deposit went up in smoke like dust in the wind. 
 
Can stay at the ramada inn in Whitehall.  The hookers might be cheaper than the room. 

There are plenty of hotels down here with buses that go to the reception sites. My point is that shouldn’t make or break them using it as a wedding venue. However, I am sure that they would be able to sell hotel rooms in bunches if it ever got built.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:


There are plenty of hotels down here with buses that go to the reception sites. My point is that shouldn’t make or break them using it as a wedding venue. However, I am sure that they would be able to sell hotel rooms in bunches if it ever got built.

Correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If given the opportunity to pay a few extra bucks and stay on site for a wedding I'm doing it every time. Getting bused to and from a venue sucks. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If given the opportunity to pay a few extra bucks and stay on site for a wedding I'm doing it every time. Getting bused to and from a venue sucks. 

If they were somehow able to build their own little “village” with all the amenities they need, I’m sure they would do quite well. They could sell ski/water park packages, weddings, and have their own pretty decent restaurant. Nobody would need to leave unless they wanted to. I could see some people going to the casino, but who would go into the A?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ride Delaware ? said:


If they were somehow able to build their own little “village” with all the amenities they need, I’m sure they would do quite well. They could sell ski/water park packages, weddings, and have their own pretty decent restaurant. Nobody would need to leave unless they wanted to. I could see some people going to the casino, but who would go into the A?

You went from November 29 until this week without posting??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Schif said:

If given the opportunity to pay a few extra bucks and stay on site for a wedding I'm doing it every time. Getting bused to and from a venue sucks. 

So does a DUI

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×