1/28/19 Sidewinder opens, sunny

RootDKJ

5 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Root and i rode the lift yesterday with a lady, who, i swore told Root, "i saw people on it yesterday, (Saturday) and it looked glorious."   @RootDKJ, did i hear this correctly?

If i heard her correctly, i need to look up the definition of glorious.  

glo·ri·ous

Dictionary result for glorious

/ˈɡlôrēəs/
adjective

1. 1. 
    having, worthy of, or bringing fame or admiration.
    "the most glorious victory of all time"
    synonyms: illustrious, celebrated, famous, famed, renowned, acclaimed, distinguished, honored, eminent, excellent, outstanding, great, magnificent, splendid, impressive, noble, supreme, sublime, triumphant; More

2. 2. 
    having a striking beauty or splendor that evokes feelings of delighted admiration.
    "a glorious autumn day"
    synonyms: wonderful, marvelous, magnificent, superb, sublime, spectacular, lovely, excellent, fine, delightful, enjoyable, pleasurable; More
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I was one of hundreds who poached it yesterday, but it was all crusty and not worth doing twice

WTGAI! Since you're not getting a True Blue pass next season that was worth the risk. I wouldn't risk it because I dont want to get banned, but what you did was pretty badass.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

Did anybody else there Sunday see anybody on it?  Or, do all the gapers show up while the grill is in full swing?

I didn't see anyone on it on Sunday, but I did ride the lift with a guy who expressed interest in going down it. 

Did anybody else there Sunday see anybody on it?  Or, do all the gapers show up while the grill is in full swing?

Yep and by 4 pm there was a line of patrollers standing at the top of sw’er. I can understand kids getting excited to ski that ( my buddy’s 14 yo son was chomping at the bit before I disabused him of it) but a functioning adult????? Idiots
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Root and i rode the lift yesterday with a lady, who, i swore told Root, "i saw people on it yesterday, (Saturday) and it looked glorious."   @RootDKJ, did i hear this correctly?

If i heard her correctly, i need to look up the definition of glorious.  

That is accurate.  I even questioned her, but she swore by it so I ignored her the rest of the ride.  I got yelled at because I joined a chair that had a father and two boys.  He didn't like that I joined them.  I ignored him the whole ride up too.

• Like 1

It blows my mind how dumb people can be. Like the guy I was on the chair with, he kept talking about how he loves poaching trails like that. So when I said that he clearly knows that the snow sucks, he just kind of agreed with me for the sake of the conversation then kept going on about how he's a perpetual rope ducker. Whatever floats your boat man, you ski 6 times a year and clearly know everything there is to know about sliding down hills and the coolest and most Xtreme way to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Yep and by 4 pm there was a line of patrollers standing at the top of sw’er. I can understand kids getting excited to ski that ( my buddy’s 14 yo son was chomping at the bit before I disabused him of it) but a functioning adult????? Idiots

Ski2Live always wants his money’s worth. This is the guy who shared an egg roll with his two kids and was disappointed that Blue is taking so long to get the glades open.