Plattekill / Belleayre Presidents Weekend

NMSKI

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice report!!! Where did you stay up there??

We stayed at a little motel in Claryville called the Blue Hill lodge.  Was about 30 minutes from Bellayre and 50 minutes from Plattekill.  They had a good restaurant, deli, convenience store, and they are opening a brewery soon.  We’ll stay there again next time I think.  

Hope your wife's ok, that looks like a hard surface. Not to mention the unconscious dude, jeez- good of you to get help- just wondering, did he have a helmet? I'm hoping to hit Platty some time in March

751897207_prayforsnow.jpg.ddeeb257cd14ee9f12a7877a6a50b791.jpg

Thanks. The dude had no helmet. At first I was panicked that I was gonna see a dead body, but when I got closer I saw he was breathing it was a relief, and another skier was right there so he stayed with him while I booked it down to get patrol.

Hopefully it snows and stays cold for your March trip!
  • Like 1

And you can call them to mark any hazards you come across!

I feel for ya root, heal up soon. I had a similar experience last year on NMDW when they seeded bumps on the left side of DW on a 0 viz morning. I was lucky I didn’t get seriously hurt. I was pissed and let skipo know it until they got out there and marked it with lolipops and paint. But ya got to let it go and get back out there!

Oops think I’m in the wrong thread.... [emoji87]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

And you can call them to mark any hazards you come across!

I feel for ya root, heal up soon. I had a similar experience last year on NMDW when they seeded bumps on the left side of DW on a 0 viz morning. I was lucky I didn’t get seriously hurt. I was pissed and let skipo know it until they got out there and marked it with lolipops and paint. But ya got to let it go and get back out there!

Oops think I’m in the wrong thread.... emoji87.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah wrong thread..lol..but I agree.