Skison 19/20

moe ghoul

We've been going out West for the past 32 years. We used to be the (almost) first on the mountain, and last off. Now we mosey onto the mountain after a leisurely breakfast, ski a few runs, stop for lunch (accompanied by a bloody), take a few more runs and find a nice spot to watch the scenery walk past, have a beer or two, then go back to the accomodations. Take a shower, have dinner and usually fall asleep in front of the TV...
I've learned;   "Life is not a Race, It's an Adventure"....

My 2019 / 2020 "skison" will no doubt include turns with you my friend. Either at Blue if you'd like or at Elk.
  • Like 2

The PASR Elk day was the highlight of last season for me. Sure I got freaking wrecked at the end but it was such a great day and such a good time.

So far my spring / summer has been good. Had fun in Mexico and Assateague.....busy at work and a lot of changes going on with more coming.
Nothing to complain about....my post was reality talk, not depression based.

I'm in a pretty good place there.
Hoping to get the kayak out soon, Florida road trip with my two younger kids end of July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, phillycore said:

The PASR Elk day was the highlight of last season for me. Sure I got freaking wrecked at the end but it was such a great day and such a good time.

So far my spring / summer has been good. Had fun in Mexico and Assateague.....busy at work and a lot of changes going on with more coming.
Nothing to complain about....my post was reality talk, not depression based.

I'm in a pretty good place there.
Hoping to get the kayak out soon, Florida road trip with my two younger kids end of July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re good at getting girlfriends I will say that.  Two days ago a chick I hung out with at the far Saturday night and was all over me text me and said she wanted to cheat on her man with me. I’m not gonna be a side piece. 

Oh and Phillycore congrats on becoming a grandfather soon...I’m surprised it took so long lol

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s why I’m trying to lose weight...I turn 40 next month and I’m nervous about future obesity related health problems...I’ve been lucky as fuck thus far but if you play with fire long enough you’re gonna get burned...just got into the 230s for the first time in like a year and a half..haven’t been in the 220s in like 5 years..could be there by July 1.  Doesn’t seem like much but pants I wore with no belt a month ago are sagging halfway down my ass.  

No ball bust here, but your hotel/diner/vending machine lifestyle is working against you.  I do get that you love living in a hotel, but you are making this harder on yourself than it needs to be, which, like last year, will probably end in you saying "fuck it, where are the pretzels and ding dongs."

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

No ball bust here, but your hotel/diner/vending machine lifestyle is working against you.  I do get that you love living in a hotel, but you are making this harder on yourself than it needs to be, which, like last year, will probably end in you saying "fuck it, where are the pretzels and ding dongs."

I barely even use the vending machine. Anyway I’m down 11-12 pounds since ski season it’s mainly because I haven’t been drinking much and less fast food. Yesterday I had a salad for lunch from saladworks and a poke bowl for dinner from wegmans. Oh and been eating less pretzels. At my peak I was eating a large bag every two days at work. I need to start exercising regularly. Maybe an exercise bike for my office. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

7 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Do you think they really split it? or just kept it and went ham at Target? 

Well when I gave the $100 I got $20s and gave it to the manager at the front desk to distribute and one of the housekeepers saw me do it..I kind of like giving out money.  One of the recent cash orders at work was like $1500 and I gave $200 to office manager and she nearly cried.  Back when my dad ran the business and we got a cash order he might buy us lunch.  I also gave a $1,000 to office manager as a quarterly bonus in April which never has been done before and doing that again in July and October then the year end bonus in December.  

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Barb said:

Arapahoe Basin just joined the Ikon Pass. Wow, I have to say I am surprised. Really thought they were going independent. Guess there is just no way to be profitable like that anymore. 

They’ll do a lot less visits on the Ikon pass than when they were on the Epic pass as people have a limited amount of days there.