Jump to content
Mess

Horrible Black Friday Deals

Recommended Posts

I like bringing my kids to Montage but will probably not be happening this year.  The Montage Triple Ticket is $179 for the extended ticket.  Which is about $60 a ticket.  Their Open to 4 pm  ticket regularly costs $58.  Not much of a deal for me.  

JF is $159 for 3 pack. 

Camelback and Shawnee have 3 packs for $129.  Looks like I will be going here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$165 at Blue for 3 pack.  Although I just chatted with someone at blue and they are going to have $49 single lift ticket

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Schif said:

Sounds like buying a pass is the real deal 

Pretty much Vails business model.  

 

Unless your kids are Double Black Diamond Skiers like skitoolive's kids, i would stay away from Blue and Cameltoe on weekends.  Frost would be probably the least crowded always, and normally the snow is good.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like JF too but hoping they have single day lift tickets.  Son is a good skier daughter learning.  She is going to get 4th grade free ski pass

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$ 179 for a 3 pack is pretty terrible.  They're offering $ 10 free for every $ 40 in gift cards.  If you have a AAA card, you can get an extra 10% at the ticket window/customer service desk.  The gift card deal plus that might be better, but I don't even know what their regular ticket rates are any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years ago I was able to get $25 lift tickets through cbs local deals.  It was worth driving the extra 30 minutes for that rate.  The most I would be willing to pay at Montage is about $40.  It is great for low crowds and a great place for the kids to learn but only if the price is right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mess said:

A few years ago I was able to get $25 lift tickets through cbs local deals.  It was worth driving the extra 30 minutes for that rate.  The most I would be willing to pay at Montage is about $40.  It is great for low crowds and a great place for the kids to learn but only if the price is right.

I used to ski Montage on a Saturday or Sunday morning when they had the $30 half day ticket.  They did away with it last year. They lost my and a lot of other peoples business when they did away with that. I'd see a lot of people with the half day tickets in the morning that, like me, aren't going to pay for a full day ticket there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mess said:

A few years ago I was able to get $25 lift tickets through cbs local deals.  It was worth driving the extra 30 minutes for that rate.  The most I would be willing to pay at Montage is about $40.  It is great for low crowds and a great place for the kids to learn but only if the price is right.

My guess is, Vail will not be subscribing to half off lift tickets through CBS local.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Pretty much Vails business model.  

 

Unless your kids are Double Black Diamond Skiers like skitoolive's kids, i would stay away from Blue and Cameltoe on weekends.  Frost would be probably the least crowded always, and normally the snow is good.  

Being able to ski double black diamonds at Blue does not a double black diamond skier make, but it was good for their "skigos"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Being able to ski double black diamonds at Blue does not a double black diamond skier make, but it was good for their "skigos"

I read this drunk last night, and then again sober this morning and it still makes 0 sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

While these local ski area BF deals may suck I did just score some sweet ass dealios on Christmas gifts for my fam.

Your PASR fam? Great! What'd you get us?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

While these local ski area BF deals may suck I did just score some sweet ass dealios on Christmas gifts for my fam.

In addition to the new sectional sofa..wow just wow.  Let us know if you end up having time to go to Bed Bath and Beyond. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

While these local ski area BF deals may suck I did just score some sweet ass dealios on Christmas gifts for my fam.

same here.  i just bought my mom some spark plugs, a set of ceramic coated headers for my brother, and my father got some new 15x8 gm rally wheels.  Christmas shopping done.  i sure hope they like them.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

same here.  i just bought my mom some spark plugs, a set of ceramic coated headers for my brother, and my father got some new 15x8 gm rally wheels.  Christmas shopping done.  i sure hope they like them.  

I just buy people gift cards.  I’m invited to a Xmas party in a few weeks where we have to bring a wrapped unisex present under $25.  That’s when I wish my parents lived in town still because they likely would have something I could regift.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In addition to the new sectional sofa..wow just wow.  Let us know if you end up having time to go to Bed Bath and Beyond. 

Santa doesn't skip our house just because we get new furniture. And purchasing furniture is something people do when they don't live at the ho-tel, mo-tel....Holiday Inn.

Maybe I'll catch you later if these delivery people get here already.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...