Spring Mountain

GeorgeNascarstanza

7 minutes ago, GeorgeNascarstanza said:

Thank you for responding. Does anyone on here Ski Spring at all?  I used to ski blue but now I live really close to spring so i'm calling it home, guess you could call it a tiny home lol

people here pretty much only ski blue.  i believe there are some old Trip reports from a few years back when i rode at spring

7 hours ago, GeorgeNascarstanza said:

Thank you for responding. Does anyone on here Ski Spring at all?  I used to ski blue but now I live really close to spring so i'm calling it home, guess you could call it a tiny home lol

A lot of the bumpheads at Blue used to ski Spring a lot.  Not so much now, but they do get out there on occasion.

Edited by indiggio

7 minutes ago, Schif said:

I used to live about 20 minutes from Spring Mountain. Funky little tiki bar there in the summer. wasn't a bad spot to pop in for a beer, kind of a strange "cook your own bbq" thing going on too. 

Cool your own bbq??  Like you buy the meat and cook it yourself?  In Colorado places where you make your own steak are popular..

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Cool your own bbq??  Like you buy the meat and cook it yourself?  In Colorado places where you make your own steak are popular..

There is a deli style meat counter outside on the patio, you go up and order off of a chalkboard and they give you a plate of raw meats and veggies and you go over to a huge grill and cook it yourself. 

1 minute ago, Schif said:

There is a deli style meat counter outside on the patio, you go up and order off of a chalkboard and they give you a plate of raw meats and veggies and you go over to a huge grill and cook it yourself. 

Wow that’s progressive. Maybe they do Fondue as well or as I like to call it Fun Do

2 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

Did you also learn to ski there?  It would explain a lot...

Had my first lessons there. Did most of my learning at Little Gap. I remained limited to PA skiing - mostly Little Gap - from 80-87 and didnt get to ski anywhere decent til December 88. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski