Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Somewhat agree with that. Gotta wonder if this guy isn’t following restrictions in place for opening, is he following safety and sterilization measures for the shop? Rules don’t seem to apply to him and his neck tattoos. 

Yeah who knows.  One article on WFMZ about a tattoo shop opening back up in the Lehigh Valley said they're taking extra safety measures, but not sure if anyone's enforcing that currently.  I know posting on the internet about how you're opening your business against the governor's orders (whether you agree with them or not), is a good way to attract negative attention to your business

• Like 1

Just now, PSUFly said:

Yeah who knows.  One article on WFMZ about a tattoo shop opening back up in the Lehigh Valley said they're taking extra safety measures, but not sure if anyone's enforcing that currently.  I know posting on the internet about how you're opening your business against the governor's orders (whether you agree with them or not), is a good way to attract negative attention to your business

And potentially lose your license.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Definitely encouraging. Starting to feel like we may be back to normal soon. Fingers crossed.

Maybe the new normal by the end of summer.  I see masks and social distancing being a thing for awhile.  It’s anazing how way more people are out and about now than a month ago but numbers are going down while tests are going up.  Maybe this isn’t as contagious as thought or maybe just a super high percentage of people are asymtimatic.   Still plenty of warnings about a second wave.  

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Definitely encouraging. Starting to feel like we may be back to normal soon. Fingers crossed.

It will take a while, so I don't know about soon. The data over the last week has definitely been encouraging, though. My prediction is a second wave will happen during the winder holiday season and people will say fuck it because they need to go to Walmart to buy toys and shit for the family holiday festivities and it will be a bigger than normal second wave of infections. Thats my negative Nancy guess and a long run-on sentence. 

Racing restarts today, pretty much the closest semblance of normalcy I've come across in a while. I wonder if pocono will happen with fans. Already a bad enough hit to local economy combining the races, couldn't imagine if it happened without fans. I think if yellow counties see a spike in two weeks, the answer is no. 

Ryan Newman (we were discussing his wreck) will be racing today

Edited by Benm

11 minutes ago, Benm said:

Racing restarts today, pretty much the closest semblance of normalcy I've come across in a while. I wonder if pocono will happen with fans. Already a bad enough hit to local economy combining the races, couldn't imagine if it happened without fans. I think if yellow counties see a spike in two weeks, the answer is no. 

I don’t think any large sporting events are gonna happen with fans in 2020.  It’s not about how bad the Covid-19 is in pocono if people travel there from all over will definitely be a spike.  For instance Florida is not very strict at all and Disney world said they’re not even close to ready to reopen. I believe one hotel and one shopping area is opening there.  

The economic hit from this is just so bad.  The crazy thing is I believe savings rates for those who’s income did not take a hit will rise as people don’t have as much stuff to spend money on.  

@GrilledSteezeSandwich there's plenty of seating and six feet between sets of ppl/families is definitely doable. That place is never anywhere close to capacity. 

Then there's the infield that ppl can sit on their RV. 

I just think there are options for some spectating, especially if they limit it to no comped tickets etc. 

I'll prob tailgate for the nostalgia of it all if they open the massive parking area. 

36 minutes ago, Benm said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich there's plenty of seating and six feet between sets of ppl/families is definitely doable. That place is never anywhere close to capacity. 

Then there's the infield that ppl can sit on their RV. 

I just think there are options for some spectating, especially if they limit it to no comped tickets etc. 

I'll prob tailgate for the nostalgia of it all if they open the massive parking area. 

Did I ever tell you that I’ve been to Marco Andretti’s house before??  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Local HS graduations are going to be held at pocono raceway. Kids drive around the track to be handed their diploma. If kid doesn't drive, parent drives them. That's pretty cool.
  • Like 7

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

Local HS graduations are going to be held at pocono raceway. Kids drive around the track to be handed their diploma. If kid doesn't drive, parent drives them. That's pretty cool.

Yah my wife and I were talking about that. We were wondering how many will gun it after the S/F line lol. 

That's great though, something nice in the middle of all of this. I feel bad for them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I'm trying to convince my kid to let me drive.

Because -you- want to experience driving on the track or because you are worried?

Fun fact, my truck has sped around it but I wasn't driving. I wasn't even there to witness it, my wife had it.