Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

16 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Greg’s bar in Allentown got busted a few weeks ago for operating and last night ringers roost got busted by the PA liquor control board.  

Now they're gonna allow to-go cocktails.

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/hellertown/s/h4bg8/to-go-cocktails-coming-to-pa?utm_term=article-slot-1&utm_source=newsletter-daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

• Love 1

Georgia has been putting out misleading info about their number of coronavirus cases and the trend.  On one of their graphs they put the dates in the X axis totally out of order to manipulate the curve.  

https://nypost.com/2020/05/19/georgia-agency-bashed-for-using-erroneous-coronavirus-data/amp/

also a little humpdat humor. I just realized Monday is Memorial Day..whoop whoop no Work!!!

804D059F-BB3D-4A5D-AA33-97852B08265E.png

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Schif said:

Check your data people.......

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/05/20/coronavirus-florida-gov-ron-desantis-disputes-data-manipulation/5226744002/

Like I said before, I would be out on the street if I was using data the way that these governmental organizations are using it. 

Because the data makes them look bad.

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Because the data makes them look bad.

Does it though? I mean when you look at things like the table I posted yesterday, the only thing I can think of is "Not Enough Data". 

14 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

What does not enough data say? Not enough testing....

Bingo!

Hopefully the handful of people worldwide who are smart enough and are working on this are able to figure out a simple, fast, reliable test that is able to be brought up to scale quickly with existing supply chains. 

Until then, I'll probably just go back over to the train thread. I see Norfolk Southern trains quite often when I'm out running. I was watching one cross the bridge over the Schuylkill the other day and the engineer saw me looking and blew the horn. Not going to lie, that was pretty cool. 

Edited by Schif

3 hours ago, indiggio said:

Mauch Chunk lake is closer.

Mauch Chunk i think is uphill from Beltzville, cause it seems like shit dont flow down hill to it.  For some reason i think MC doesnt get completely shitted up like Beltzville.  

Hickory Run will be a zoo this weekend tho.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

completely shitted up like Beltzville. 

i can't wait to see how crowded it still gets. why they never enforce the parking along bv road i dont understand. for anyone not familiar, look at the normal amount of parking with google satellite. it's an unbelievable amount. on memorial day it overflows onto the road coming into it and, even though there are signs saying no parking, people park at least a qtr mile deep along it. if the weather forecast holds up, it'll be madness.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Benm said:

i can't wait to see how crowded it still gets. why they never enforce the parking along bv road i dont understand. for anyone not familiar, look at the normal amount of parking with google satellite. it's an unbelievable amount. on memorial day it overflows onto the road coming into it and, even though there are signs saying no parking, people park at least a qtr mile deep along it. if the weather forecast holds up, it'll be madness.

OK Karen why don’t you enforce the parking. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

OK Karen why don’t you enforce the parking. 

are you going to start overusing ok karen now the same way you've driven ok boomer into the ground? people killed that meme way too fast for its potential.

covid related - country junction just forced my wife to get a temp check before entering.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Benm said:

are you going to start overusing ok karen now the same way you've driven ok boomer into the ground? people killed that meme way too fast for its potential.

covid related - country junction just forced my wife to get a temp check before entering.

Yes I’m gonna overuse the fuck out of it until I find something else to overuse the duck out of.  Would you prefer OK Mrs. Snowbunski?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1