Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Most people in the Poconos are too stupid to be able to figure out how to avoid the race track for 2 weekends out of the year.  

Pretty fucked up because I live here and I can only imagine it's people in the developments bitching that they can't get onto 115. -Most- know what to expect race wknds. 

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are they no longer doing an IndyCar event at Pocono?  

No, they've stopped.  Sad face. 

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

I got stuck in that traffic my first year living here and realized that there are alternate routes everywhere. Lesson learned. No big deal. 

Yup

Edit: if you're smart, you go the opposite direction to the Wal-Mart in Lehighton. 

Edited by Benm

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you remember how much you sold the Ranger for?  The Jetta I sold almost three years later for $2,000 then did my first lease 1999 Jetta.  

My mom gave it away for free to a neighbor kid like 5 years ago.  I used to drive it when I was back in town until then.  No rust in the Southwest so cars last forever.  

My mom gave it away for free to a neighbor kid like 5 years ago.  I used to drive it when I was back in town until then.  No rust in the Southwest so cars last forever.  

When I first started working at my job there was a post doc who bought a 20+ yo Mercedes for next to nothing from an old couple in Arizona (no other owners). When I ask why go to Arizona for a used car he gave exactly your reason
  • Like 2

@Benm the governor said that the races at Pocono next month can happen if Monroe county gets into the yellow zone but no fans. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pennlive.com/news/2020/05/gov-wolf-pocono-nascar-races-may-go-on-next-month-if-monroe-county-is-in-yellow-phase.html%3foutputType=amp

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@Benm the governor said that the races at Pocono next month can happen if Monroe county gets into the yellow zone but no fans. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pennlive.com/news/2020/05/gov-wolf-pocono-nascar-races-may-go-on-next-month-if-monroe-county-is-in-yellow-phase.html%3foutputType=amp

They are probably going to cancel it because @RidgeRacer's daughter is going to tear up the track in Salty's car.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

They are probably going to cancel it because @RidgeRacer's daughter is going to tear up the track in Salty's car.

The more i think about this, the more i get kind of jealous of @RidgeRacer.  I would so love to take a spin around that track in one of my cars, just to say i did it.  I do think they have open track time, but still, the graduation thing is pretty cool.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

The more i think about this, the more i get kind of jealous of @RidgeRacer.  I would so love to take a spin around that track in one of my cars, just to say i did it.  I do think they have open track time, but still, the graduation thing is pretty cool.  

keep an ear open. they occasionally have fundraisers where you pay $10 (or more if you want) and you can drive around. not sure if you have a motorcycle but they do it for them too. this year everything is jacked up tho. its a little pricey but people highly recommend the sc racing experience if you want to go fast.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benm said:

keep an ear open. they occasionally have fundraisers where you pay $10 (or more if you want) and you can drive around. not sure if you have a motorcycle but they do it for them too. this year everything is jacked up tho. its a little pricey but people highly recommend the sc racing experience if you want to go fast.   

Since you are probably following things like this closer than many of us, if you hear something please post it here. I'd definitely be interested in just doing it for the experience. My BIL was gifted the racing experience for his graduation. He isn't a big racing fan but said it was incredible to zip around the track like that.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Can you go as fast as you want at Pocono? My Sonic can go over 100 mph and I want to drive fast.

for the fundraisers? i doubt it.

i guess you technically can go as fast as you want once you have access to the track, expect to leave in handcuffs though.

• Sad 1

The more i think about this, the more i get kind of jealous of [mention=264]RidgeRacer[/mention].  I would so love to take a spin around that track in one of my cars, just to say i did it.  I do think they have open track time, but still, the graduation thing is pretty cool.  

For what it's worth I'll probably be in the passenger seat. Despite my desire to speed around the track, she's had a tough go of it with all activities cancelled, no prom etc. I have to let her drive... although I'm gonna see if I can somehow drive too of course.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

For what it's worth I'll probably be in the passenger seat. Despite my desire to speed around the track, she's had a tough go of it with all activities cancelled, no prom etc. I have to let her drive... although I'm gonna see if I can somehow drive too of course.

I just did a search to find if there are any Enterprise locations that have some nice premium one-day rentals and there are not many options unless you want a Cadillac. So, enjoy Salty's car. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just did a search to find if there are any Enterprise locations that have some nice premium one-day rentals and there are not many options unless you want a Cadillac. So, enjoy Salty's car. 

The only Sonic I'm interested in is Sonic the Hedgehog. He handles curves and even loops quite nicely.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

turo.com might be of some help with this kind of thing

1 hour ago, Benm said:

i guess you technically can go as fast as you want once you have access to the track, expect to leave in handcuffs though.

Mmm, I doubt it, especially in these litigious times...

Many moons ago, a buddy of mine invited me up to a closed car show up at Pocono for the Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati group that he belonged.  He owned a Ferrari.
Of course, I looked kinda out of place there with my turbo Subaru XT coupe.

You were allowed to take your car out on the track, but had to stay behind a pace car, limited to 100MPH and below.
However, if you had your car inspected by track mechanics, had a fire suit, helmet, yada, yada, yada, they let you go crazy.
A few drivers did it and ended up spinning their cars.

At least I got to take a spin around the racetrack, but limited to 100MPH.

• Like 2